Introducing a Mac app just for writers. Paragraphs is built for one thing and one thing only: writing. It gives you everything you need to create brilliant prose and does away with the rest. Everything in context. Don’t stress trying to memorize confusing markup. Paragraphs’ quick context menu provides simple, easy-to-use formatting options. The 15 Best Mac Apps to Make Everyday Life Easier Apple's macOS is a good operating system, but it's missing some key ingredients. Try these programs to get the most out of your Mac. 8 Best Distraction-Free Writing Apps for Mac.Whether you’re planning for writing a bestselling novel, research paper for your college. The Mac App Store makes it easy to find and download Mac apps as well as widgets and extensions — like editing extensions for the new Photos app. You can browse Mac apps by category, such as games, productivity, music and more.
Whether you’re planning for writing a bestselling novel, research paper for your college, or writing work reports for the boss. writing apps always help you in these situations.
There are several writing apps options available to Mac users, from the basic TextEdit to Microsoft Office and Google Docs. Here are some of the best writing apps for mac.
This list isn’t in order of best, but rather moves from most popular, most easily available, down to niche apps designed for specific purposes.
Best Writing Apps for Mac
it’s a fully-fledged writing tool for Mac that provides a pleasant, focused writing experience combined with effective document management, fast syncing and flexible export make Ulysses the first choice for writers of all kinds.
reliable and convenient document management allows you to organize your complete writing projects in one place. Whether it is simple notes, daily blog posts, or the next best-selling novel.
it’s a multi-platform, multi-device writing tool. You can use Ulysses on all your Macs, iPads, and iPhones.
You can sync the complete library between all your connected devices via iCloud and always ready work where you left off.
- Ulysses Organizes All Your Projects in One Place
- Ulysses Lets You Work Anywhere, Anytime
- Transform your texts into beautiful PDFs, Word documents, and eBooks. It also lets you export to HTML
- Clean and distraction-free user interface
- Ulysses offers a simple and intuitive workspace you can customize according to your taste.
- Markup based text editor
- Plain text enhanced
- Themeable Editor
- Keyboard navigation
- Typewriter mode
- Single & unified library for all texts
- Hierarchic Groups – Groups let you organize your writings project- or subject-wise.
- Attachments – Additional information that belongs to but not in a text can be attached to it: Images, PDFs, notes, keywords, you name it.
- AutoSave & Automatic backup
- Writing Goals – Goals help you track your progress and let you brag about it on social media.
- Full iCloud Sync
- From iPhone to iPad to Mac – Ulysses is available for all your devices, and the apps share an identical feature set.
- Support for various file formats
- easily publish stories to WordPress and Medium
- Live Preview
- Ulysses comes with a number of export styles for all supported formats and various use cases.
- Ulysses lets you conveniently share your texts, or send them directly to third-party apps
Bear is a most flexible writing app for mac that enables you to compose, sync, and store your notes and prose on various devices such as iPhone, iPad, and Mac.
it’s an ideal writing app for writers, lawyers, chefs, teachers, engineers, students, parents and more!
All notes stored in plain, portable text and easily organize by using hashtags. link all your notes to each other to build a body of work.
You can use Bear writing app for all your writing needs from quick notes, to code snippets, to in-depth essays.
- flexible writing app for crafting notes and prose
- Rich previews while writing so you see prose, not code
- A focus mode helps you concentrate on your writing.
- Full in-line image support
- Powerful Search Triggers to instantly search all your notes
- keep yourself on task by adding to-do’s to individual notes
- Advanced Markup Editor that supports and highlights over 20 programming languages
- Crosslinking to build a body of work, quickly reference other notes, and more
- Quickly add todos to individual notes to keep yourself on task
- Multiple export options including HTML, PDF, DOCX, MD, JPG, and more
- Smart Data Recognition of elements like links, emails, addresses, colors, and more.
- Hashtags to quickly find and organize notes
- One-tap formatting on iPhone and iPad
- Store all your notes in plain text for the ultimate portability.
- Secure multi-device private sync via iCloud
iCloud and Markdown-based document writing app for mac that helps you to take notes or write documents with markdown. Also, provide support for various formats to export your notes into HTML, PDF, or image.
- Write with markdown
- Type beautiful math formulae.
- Create mermaid diagrams
- Sync notes with iCloud
- Easily access your notes with any devices
- shares stories with your friends
- Live preview while writing
- GitHub Flavored Markdown fully supported
- Syntax highlighting
- Organize your documents with tags
- changes are tracked with versions
- Instant search on your notes
- One-click to publish your note as a blog post on this site
uFocus is the distractions free writing app for mac that lets you open all types of plain text files and keeps them organized inside libraries. it makes it easy to arrange your stories into chapters, articles, sections, etc.
To give you a clean and minimalist writing environment, uFocus only supports reading and writing to plain text files.
- Unobtrusive interface
- Text statistics such as character and word can be shown by clicking on the Info button in the title bar
- Markdown: easily add headings, quotes, ordered and unordered lists, italics and bold
- easy to export your documents to HTML, PDF, print them and copy the selection as rich-text
- Highlight mode
- Simply jump from one sentence to the previous/next with Cmd-Left/Right
- Typewriter scrolling
- NoWayBack mode
- Sound mode
- Fullscreen Mode – focus on your words and hide everything else that is on screen
- iCloud, autosaving and Versions are also supported
- Print either a single file or a whole directory
Diarly is a simple journal, diary, and notes app for Mac. It allows you to track personal milestones, record fun moments, and enhance your writing skills.
Diarly App also allows you to sync your writing between all your devices (iPhone, iPad, and Mac)via iCloud. So you can start your writing wherever you go.
A simple and minimalistic user interface with an in-built markdown editor gives you streamlined and distraction-free writing experience.
All your content secure behind powerful encryption and password protection.
- Compose your diary entries on Mac, iPhone, and iPad apps.
- Secure cross-device sync via iCloud.
- A streamlined and distraction-free writing experience
- Add word count targets and writing statistics.
- Customize your journals and entries with themes, fonts, and templates.
- Add in-line rich media with photos, emojis, files, and links.
- Write in plain text using the advanced Markdown editor.
- Powerful encryption and password protection to secure your content
- Search your favorite entries using Star favorites and hashtags
- Store all your diary, journals and notes in one place
- Import and export to Markdown to back up your entries.
- Typewriting mode pins the cursor pinned to the middle of the screen while writing.
- Find a specific date, place, or topic with an in-built calendar, lists, and map.
Paper writing app is a highly customizable minimalistic text editor and writing app for mac.
- Gorgeous plain-text writing environment
- Highly customizable
- Minimal Markdown formatting
- Syncs with iCloud
- Previews in Marked 2
- Publishes drafts to Medium or WordPress
- Exports to PDF, HTML, RTF or Clipboard
7 iA Writer
iA Writer creates a clean, simple, and distraction-free writing environment for when you really need to focus on your words.
- Focus Mode
- Simple Writing apps for Mac
- Search, sort, and quickly swap between documents from different clouds.
- Highly customizable
- you can open documents and launch frequent actions in no time with the new Quick Search.
- iA Writer includes an inverted light-on-dark-mode, perfect for working day and night.
- Spot superfluous adjectives, weak verbs, repetitive nouns, false conjunctions, and clean your text of the usual rumble.
- Customize your templates and export to WordPress or Medium, HTML, Microsoft Word (.docx), or PDF.
- Embed links, pictures, tables, and text files in plain text and see them in preview.
WonderPen is a writing app for Mac that specially designed for both professional and amateur writers.
- Tree view, drag-and-drop to reorder.
- An easy-to-use text editor that supports Markdown.
- Supports full-screen mode, lets you focus on writing.
- Docs can be exported as Image, PDF, Word, HTML, etc..
- Autosave while editing. You can backup all docs as a single file and restore it from it later.
- Add a memo for each doc.
- Focus on one node of the doc tree.
- Search in all docs.
- Dark mode support.
- History snapshot for each doc.
- Automatic backup.
Mac OS X (the operating system on a Mac) comes with some Apple applications, such as Safari to browse the Web, Mail to, well, receive and send email, iCal as calendar, etc...
Writing Apps For Free
One of those appllications is called TextEdit, and you'll find it in your Applications folder (which should be sitting in the rightmost part of the Dock, at the bottom of your screen). It's a very basic text processor/editor, but it may fit your needs.
You can also try a variant based on it, called Bean, which offers a whole slew of features TextEdit doesn't have. If you want something more refined and are willing to pay the price, you can opt for Microsoft Office for Mac, or a freeware such as OpenOffice, LibreOffice or NeoOffice (all three are cousins).
Write For Mac App Software
You can also try the latest version of Apple's iWork suite, which you might just adopt after a while. It's quite good.
Write Mac App In Swift
You'll find all those apps and software via your favorite search engine...
Nov 16, 2013 2:59 AM