- What Is Parallels Desktop 13 For Mac
- Parallels Free Download
- What Is Parallels Desktop
- What Is Parallels For Mac High Sierra
- Parallels For Mac Review
Parallels Desktop for Mac is the easiest and most powerful application to run Windows on Mac without rebooting. Get up and running in minutes. Easily bring all of your files, applications, browser bookmarks and more from your PC to your Mac. Switch between Mac and Windows applications, launch Windows applications from the Mac Dock, and use Mac. Parallels Inc., a global leader in cross-platform solutions, makes it simple for customers to use and access the applications and files they need on any device or operating system. We help businesses and individuals securely and productively use their favorite devices and preferred technology, whether it’s Windows®, Mac®, iOS, AndroidTM, Chromebook, Linux, Raspberry Pi or the Cloud.
|Genre||Virtualization and Hosting Automation|
|Headquarters||Bellevue, Washington, United States|
|Products||Parallels Desktop for Mac|
|Revenue||US$ 100 million (2008)|
Number of employees
Parallels is a software company based in Bellevue, Washington; it is primarily involved in the development of virtualization software for macOS. The company has offices in 15 countries, including the United States, Germany, United Kingdom, France, Japan, China, Spain, Russia, Australia and Ukraine, and has over 800 employees.
Privately held server automation and virtualization software company SWSoft developed software for running data centers, particularly for web-hosting services companies and application service providers. Their Virtuozzo product was an early system-level server virtualization solution, and in 2003 they bought Plesk, a commercial web hosting platform.
SWsoft's acquisition of Parallels was more or less kept under wraps until January 2004, two years before Parallels became mainstream. In 2004 SWsoft acquired Parallels, Inc. and Parallels Workstation for Windows and Linux 2.0 was released, with Parallels Desktop for Mac following in mid 2006. Later the same year the corporate headquarters moved from Herndon, Virginia to Renton, Washington.
At Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference 2007 in San Francisco, California, Parallels announced and demonstrated its upcoming Parallels Server for Mac. Parallels Server for Mac will reportedly allow IT managers to run multiple server operating systems on a single Mac Xserve.
In 2007 the German company Netsys GmbH sued Parallels' German distributor Avanquest for copyright violation (see Parallels Desktop for Mac for details), then Parallels Server for Mac was announced at WWDC - and later Parallels Technology Network.
In 2008 SWsoft merged into Parallels to become one company under the Parallels branding which then acquired ModernGigabyte, LLC.Parallels Server for Mac was launched in June then in September Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows and Linux, a rename of Parallels Workstation for the 4.0 release, - and Parallels Desktop 4.0 for Mac later that year. From the next version, 6.0, the Windows and Linux software became known as Parallels Workstation again.
What Is Parallels Desktop 13 For Mac
Over the next three years the company launched Parallels Desktop 5 for Mac,Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac, Parallels Server for Mac 4.0 Mac mini Edition,Parallels Transporter, Parallels Workstation 6 Extreme,Parallels Desktop 7 for Mac, Parallels Mobile for iOS - and Parallels Workstation 6.
During 2012, 2013 and 2014, the company discontinued Parallels Server for Mac, Windows and Linux, launched Parallels Desktop 8 for Mac and Mac Management for Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager. and released Parallels Desktop 10 for Mac.
Parallels acquired 2X Software in February 2015, rebranded their service provider business to Odin - later selling the Odin Service Automation Platform to Ingram Micro. They also released Parallels Mac Management v4.0 for Microsoft SCCM and Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac.
In 2017, Virtuozzo and Plesk, two products from the pre-Parallels history of SWsoft, were spun out.
In December 2018, Corel announced that it had acquired Parallels.
In October 20, 2020 it was announced that Google have partnered to bring full-featured Windows applications to enterprises and cloud workers using Chrome Enterprise. Chrome OS is increasingly being chosen by modern enterprises, either for remote work, hybrid, or in the office,” said John Solomon, Vice President of Chrome OS at Google, “We are thrilled to partner with Parallels to bring legacy and full-featured Windows applications support, through Parallels Desktop for Chromebook Enterprise, to help businesses easily transition to cloud-first devices and workflows.” 
Parallels Free Download
- Parallels Desktop for Mac - an x86 virtualization platform for macOS.
- Parallels RAS - Delivers Virtual desktops and extends Microsoft Remote Desktop Session Host desktop sessions and applications to users through the Microsoft RDP protocol.
- Parallels Toolbox - a software containing links to common OS functions.
- Parallels Access - a remote desktop platform.
- Parallels Desktop for Chromebook Enterprise - Run full-featured Windows applications, including native Microsoft Office, on Chromebook Enterprise devices — online and offline.
- ^'Worldwide Operations HQ at http://www.parallels.com/en/contact'. Archived from the original on 2008-10-28. Retrieved 2008-05-22.External link in
- ^Parallels CEO Sees IPO in a Few Years, Not an Acquisition
- ^ abCareer Opportunities
- ^HostReview : Web Hosting News : SWsoft Acquires Plesk and Confixx to Create Global Hosting Software Powerhouse
- ^ abDavid Marshall (Jan 29, 2008) [08:03 PM].InfoWorld Virtualization Report David Marshall InfoWorld Parallels Announces Virtuozzo Containers 4.0Archived February 2, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- ^Parallels acknowledges SWsoft ownership
- ^Archived October 16, 2006, at the Wayback Machine
- ^Archived February 18, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- ^David Marshall (June 16, 2007) [04:03 PM]. 'InfoWorld Virtualization Report David Marshall InfoWorld Parallels Announces Features of its Mac Server Virtualization Product'. Archived from the original on 2007-06-20. Retrieved 2017-04-19.
- ^Parallels demos Mac server virtualization
- ^Parallels Server for Mac
- ^Parallels Technology Network announcedArchived 2007-11-23 at the Wayback Machine
- ^Web Host Industry News Parallels Acquires ModernGigabyte
- ^Parallels.com Parallels Acquires ModernGigabyteArchived 2008-05-11 at the Wayback Machine
- ^David Marshall (June 18, 2008) [08:14 AM]. Virtualization Report David Marshall InfoWorld Parallels announces the first Mac server virtualization platformArchived June 19, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- ^'Desktop 4 for Windows and Linux Leverages Industry-Leading Mac Technology to Enable Widespread Adoption of PC Virtualization'. Parallels. 2009-09-01. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Desktop 4.0 for Mac Offers Premium Windows-on-Mac Experience'. Parallels. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Desktop 5 for Mac Offers Fastest Performance on Snow Leopard and for Windows 7 Available'. Parallels. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Desktop 6 for Mac Delivers Unprecedented New and Enhanced Features for Best Windows on Mac Experience Yet'. Parallels. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Server for Mac 4.0 Mac mini Edition Launch Lets Businesses Run Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows and Linux Environments Side-by-Side on an Apple Mac mini'. Parallels. 2011-05-11. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Transporter Launches on the Mac App Store, Makes the Move from a PC to a Mac Easy'. Parallels. 2011-05-18. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Workstation 6 Extreme makes the consolidated professional graphics workstation a reality through unmatched performance of direct assignment technology'. Parallels. 2011-08-09. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Desktop 7 for Mac Makes Windows Programs Roar with Mac OS X Lion Features; New Parallels Mobile App Delivers OS X and Windows Control Plus Flash Videos with Sound'. Parallels. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'New Parallels Mobile App for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch Delivers Anytime Anywhere Control of Mac OS X, Windows, Ubuntu, Chrome, Fedora, Applications and Files on Your Mac'. Parallels. 2011-09-01. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^'Workstation 6 Gives Web Designers and IT Professionals Seamless Capabilities for Running Multiple Operating Systems – Including Windows 8 – on a Single PC'. Parallels. 2011-11-08. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- ^Brian Madden (2015-02-26). 'Parallels Buys 2X Software'. brianmadden.com. Retrieved April 26, 2017.
- ^'We've Changed Our Name – Parallels Service Provider Business is Now Odin'. blog.odin.com. Archived from the original on 2015-03-26. Retrieved 2015-11-14.
- ^'Parallels Holdings Limited Announces the Sale of its Odin Service Automation Platform to Ingram Micro'. December 2, 2015. Retrieved 2016-03-30.
- ^'CIOReview Magazine Praises Parallels: One of the '20 Most Promising Server Technology Solution Providers 2016''.
- ^Dignan, Larry. 'Corel buys Parallels for Windows on Mac play'. ZDNet. Retrieved 2018-12-20.
- ^'Parallels®️ Desktop for Chromebook Enterprise''.
- ^'Parallels acquires remote application server developer 2X Software'. zdnet. 2015-02-25.
- ^'Parallels®️ Desktop for Chromebook Enterprise''.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Customers who purchased and registered a copy of Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac from the Parallels Online Store or an authorized reseller on or after August 1, 2020 through September 30, 2020, are eligible for an upgrade to the next version of Parallels Desktop for Mac at no charge, subject to certain conditions. For details on the Tech Guarantee 2020, please visit the Tech Guarantee page.
Note: : If you have a subscription for Parallels Desktop for Mac, Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition, or Parallels Desktop for Mac Business Edition, you can upgrade Parallels Desktop to the latest version with the license you own. Download and install Parallels Desktop 16 and use your subscription license for activation.
- You should receive your upgrade key within 7 days after the new version of Parallels Desktop for Mac becomes available. The upgrade key will be sent to the email that was used for registration of your Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac license.
If you have not yet registered your copy of Parallels Desktop 15 for Mac, please register it in your Parallels account.
What Is Parallels Desktop
- Does Windows come pre-installed with Parallels Desktop for Mac?
Windows is not included with your purchase of Parallels Desktop for Mac. Windows can be purchased directly from Microsoft or retail stores. Please visit KB 9003 for additional information.
- Will Parallels run on my current Mac hardware?
A full list of system and hardware requirements can be found here.
- What is the difference between Standard and Pro Editions?
Visit KB 123296.
- What is the difference between a permanent license and a subscription?
Visit KB 122929.
- Can I use my license on multiple Mac computers?
Parallels licenses are valid only on one Mac per license. For more information, please reference www.parallels.com/about/eula/.
- Do you have discounts for Students/Education Staff/offer academic licenses?
Yes. For more information on Education licenses, visit KB 113630.
- Is there a trial version of Parallels Desktop for Mac I can evaluate before purchasing?
Yes, Parallels offers a free 14 day trial at www.parallels.com/products/desktop/trial/
- Install or upgrade to the latest version of Parallels Desktop for Mac.
Visit KB 124250.
- Install Windows in Parallels Desktop for Mac.
Visit KB 4729.
- Migrate my current Windows PC to a Parallels Desktop for Mac virtual machine.
For instructions, visit KB 123929.
- Register and activate Parallels Desktop for Mac.
Visit KB 124225.
- Launch Windows from Parallels Desktop for Mac.
Visit KB 115170.
- Upgrade my license to Pro Edition
Visit KB 123159.
- Install Quicken, MS Office or other software in Windows virtual machine.
Visit KB 119310.
- Learn how to use the Coherence mode.
Visit KB 4670.
- Learn how to use the Parallels Desktop sharing tools.
Visit KB 122567.
What Is Parallels For Mac High Sierra
- What is Parallels Toolbox?
Visit KB 123903 and KB 124200 to learn about Parallels Toolbox for Mac and for Windows.
- How can I get Parallels Toolbox?
See KB 123902 about Parallels Toolbox for Mac and KB 124202 about the Windows version.
- How do I install Parallels Toolbox?
Visit KB 123904 for information on the Mac version, and KB 124183 to learn how to install the Windows one.
Parallels For Mac Review
- How to give more hard disk space to a Windows virtual machine?
Visit KB 113972.
- How can I improve virtual machine performance on my Mac?
Visit KB 112091 .
- How to reinstall Parallels Tools in Windows Guest OS?
Visit KB 4841.
- Fix network issues in a Windows virtual machine.
Visit KB 8978.
- Free up disk space on Mac.
Visit KB 123553.
- Fix 'There's not enough disk space available to start the Windows virtual machine.'
Visit KB 10117.
- Fix 'Unable to connect USB device to virtual machine now. Try to connect this USB device later.'
Visit KB 10136.