- Supported Bit Versions
- 32-bit, 64-bit
- Source Code URL
- Minimum OBS Studio Version
- Supported Platforms
- Windows, Mac OS X, Linux
The most popular streaming platform for Twitch, YouTube, Mixer and Facebook. Cloud-based and used by 70% of Twitch. Grow with Streamlabs Open Broadcast Software (OBS), alerts, 1000+ overlays, analytics, chatbot, tipping, merch and more. I'm also getting the exact same issue, tried reinstalling multiple times, finding all twitch related files on Mac and removing them. Nothing happens, when I click on Mods it just spins and says could not load plugins with a retry button.(CLICK 'Go to download' FOR DOWNLOAD - NOT 'Source Code URL')
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software) is free and open source software for video recording and live streaming. Stream to Twitch, YouTube and many other providers or record your own videos with high quality H264 / AAC encoding. We are your Operating System. Welcome to your Home for everything gaming, esports and lifestyle.
This plugin is based on the built in scene switcher. It extends its functionality by adding the following:
- fullscreen detection (for Window Title / Executable based switching)
- hotkey to start and stop the scene switcher
- cursor position based scene switching (Screen Region tab)
- temporarily pause the scene switcher based on scene or window title
- the option to ignore windows
- the option to configure a sequence of automated scene switches (Scene Sequence tab)
- the option to switch to a scene after detection of being idle (Idle tab)
- the ability to read/write current scene from/to txt file (Write to file / Read from file tab)
- the ability select a different transition for each switch case (Transitions tab)
- executable based scene switching (Executable tab)
- system time based scene switching (Time tab)
- audio based scene switching (Audio tab)
- Extract the folder
- Open the Windows folder
- Copy the advanced-scene-switcher.dll in the OBS Stdio plugin folder. (For example C:Program Files (x86)obs-studioobs-plugins32bit or C:Program Filesobs-studioobs-plugins64bit - this path can be different for you!)
- Install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio:
- Configure the settings (see later section)
Twitch Plugin For Mac Os 10.13
- Extract the folder
- Open the MacOS folder
- Copy the advanced-scene-switcher.so to ~/Library/Application Support/obs-studio/plugins/advanced-scene-switcher/bin/ , whereby '~' represents your user's home directory.
Twitch Plugins For Obs
- Extract the folder
- Open the Linux folder
- Copy the advanced-scene-switcher.so file into the OBS Studio plugin folder.
The location of this folder can vary so you might have to look around a bit.
Examples are ...
- Configure the settings (see next section)
You can access the advanced scene switcher the same way you access the normal scene switcher, by selecting Tools -> Advanced Scene Switcher. You can also set a hotkey to start/stop the scene switcher the settings of OBS. (Settings -> Hotkeys -> Toggle Start/Stop for Advanced Scene Switcher. This hotkey will only work when the settings menu for the advanced scene switcher is closed)
The settings window for the advanced scene switcher will open up. Under the 'General' tab you can find the window title based scene switching settings, which are also present in the built in scene switcher. But you also have the option to only switch to a scene if the window, which is causing the scene change, is also in fullscreen mode.
In the tab 'Screen Region' you can switch to a scene based on which screen region your cursor is in. This can be useful if you have a setup that is using multiple monitors and you to switch to the monitor scene you are currently using.
The tabs 'Pause Scenes' and 'Pause Windows' let you add scenes and windows that will pause the automatic scene switching on the currently selected scene. To continue the scene switching just switch to a scene that is not a Pause Scene or a window that is not listed in the Pause Windows tab.
The 'Ignore Windows' tab lists window titles of programs, which will be ignored by the scene switcher. It will act as if the last window is still the one shown. This can be useful if you ALT-TAB a lot and don't want the scene switcher to switch to the scene you specified if there is no match for the current window title. So for example you could add 'Task Switching' (this is the title of the ALT-TAB program) and 'Twitch - Google Chrome' and 'TeamSpeak 3' to still be on your in-game scene even if you ALT-TAB to these windows.
'Scene Sequence' lets you specify a sequence of automatic scene switches and a delay between each of these switches. So for example if you would want to first show the scene 'cam1' for 3 seconds, then switch to 'cam2', wait another 3 seconds before switching to 'cam3' and finally wait 3 seconds and switch back to 'cam1' to restart the whole process you can use the settings shown in the image below.
Additional Information and Notes:
Don't run both, the built in scene switcher and the advanced scene switcher. Otherwise both will try to switch based on their settings and cause many unnecessary scene switches.
If you want to build the plugin yourself the source is available here.
Windows: Remove the advanced-scene-switcher.dll file in the obs-plugins32bit and obs-plugins64bit directory of your OBS studio installation.
MacOS: Remove the advanced-scene-switcher.so file in the obs-plugins directory in the package contents of your OBS application.
Linux: Remove the advanced-scene-switcher.so from /usr/lib/obs-plugins/