- The 10 best Mac games of 2019 Apple Arcade stole the spotlight this year, but 2019 also gave us some great games that weren't part of Apple's subscription service.
- Play free games for Mac. Big Fish is the #1 place to find casual games! Free game downloads. Helpful customer service!
- The 20 best Mac games The Mac may not get the biggest blockbusters, but you can play many of the best indie hits on your MacBook or iMac. By Leif Johnson, Contributing Writer, Macworld.
If you play games on Mac, you NEED these games! Watch more Mac Gaming episodes: Join.
There are tones of game recording software on the market, many of which claim to be the best game recorder, but which one is right for you best? When you choose the best free screen recorder for game capture, you need to consider the user-interface, output format, FPS speed supported, benchmark-setting, the sharpness of video screen, and the utmost price.
To save your time, we cover the top 16 best game recording software for PC and Mac here, including free and paid. In order to help you understand each product faster, we have listed their important advantages and disadvantages, hoping to help you quickly judge and find the best game recording software that suits your needs most.
See also:How to Record Gameplay on PC Without Lag >>>
Top 11 Best Game Recorder for Windows 10/8/7
You can use the following best game recording software for Xbox, PS4, and other game recordings. If you don't want to invest any money, choose the free game recorders as you need.
1. EaseUS RecExperts
EaseUS RecExperts is a versatile free video recording software for both beginners and professionals. Using this software, you can easily capture any area of your screen (full screen, a selected region, or a specific window), record any audio coming from your computer, and record your webcam with high-quality. Apart from that, EaseUS RecExperts is an amazing game recorder for Windows 10 PC. You can record various high-quality and popular 2D/3D games in 4K resolution. Before recording gameplay, you can create a recording task to set the start time and stop time for the recording. When you are finishing the job, you can directly share the gameplay video to the social media platforms.
- Easy to use
- Record gameplay and your voice at the same time
- Record computer audio (system sound or microphone)
- Support to create the recording tasks automatically
- Allow you to edit the video by adding texts, lines, arrows, etc while recording
- Export the recording files in different formats
- Only available for Windows
How to record gameplay on Windows 10 with EaseUS RecExperts? Just download it and follow the below steps.
Step 1. Start your favorite game and launch EaseUS RecExperts. Choose 'Record game' from the menu
Step 2. Select the frame rate you want to record, as well Variable or Constant frame rate.
Click the red button 'REC' and your recording will start. You will see a small bar, which shows the time of your record.
Step 3. You can choose as well the Task Scheduler, where you can define the recording area and the audio input. Also, you can define exactly the starting date and time and the duration of the record.
Step 4. Once done, you can edit the record footage with the built-in video editor. On the recorded video you can add Video Intro (in the demo case the title is 'Demo Epic Games').
Finally, you can export the ready to use video clip in the appropriate video format.
2. Windows 10 Xbox Game Bar/DVR Tool
Xbox Game Bar is a pre-installed game recording software on Windows 10 that allows you to capture game clips and screenshots. The game bar can be used to record apps, especially for gaming capture. It's able to record most PC games, enables you to instantly access to widgets for screen and sharing, finding teammates with LFG, chatting with friends across Xbox console, mobile, and PC without leaving your game.
- User-friendly, convenient to use
- Record video with audio
- No time limit for recording video, ad-free
- Completely free video recording software without watermark
- Edit the video after recording, such as trim the beginning and end of videos
- Record apps only, not available for recording full screen or a specific region
- No pause function when recording the video
- Limited video editing features
3. Open Broadcaster Software
OBS Studio is a popular open-source and flexible game recorder tool that works well for live streaming games on Twitch and recording other information as well. It is the preferred tool for a lot of gamers out there. You are not required to change any special settings, just select the source which you would like to record and start recording. OBS is capable of recording in MP4 and FLV formats at a 1:1 ratio.
After recording, the application streams with various platforms like Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Hitbox, Twitch, and more.
- Free and open source
- Multiple platforms supported: Windows, Mac, or Linux
- Various plugins to enhance the experience
- Support for most live streaming platforms
- Entirely free, with no limitations
- Not the most user-friendly UI
- The free version leaves a watermark on your video recording
- Lacks of built-in video editing functions
Bandicam screen recorder is one of the well-known software in terms of screen recording, a free game recording software as well. This best game recorder enables you to record at high bitrates and frames. You can record games at flexible frame rates and 4K Ultra HD resolution. What's more, it offers the compression feature that makes sure the recorded game video is in a small size without quality loss. The recordings can be used for gaming or other PC activities.
- Support three recording modes - Screen Recording, Game Recording, and Device Recording
- Record game in full-screen, region, webcam, and microphone
- Support real-time drawing, add webcam overlay, schedule recording, mix voice, add mouse effect, etc.
- Built-in compression feature
- Not cheap
- Lack of built-in video editor
- The unregistered version record game video with watermark
5. Movavi Screen Recorder
Movavi is a nice and free game recording software that enables you to record screen and audio at the same time. It supports resolution up to 4K. In addition, you can sync webcam and microphone voice-over with an on-going screen recording. It provides a lot of video editing features so you can edit the recorded game video, for example, convert a video into GIF; trim, cut, and join videos; add animated titles and special effects, and much more.
- Modern user interface and easier navigation
- Set up the recording parameters
- Record video and audio simultaneously
- Comes with many editing tools
- Supports screen resolution up to 4K
- Convert screen recording to GIF instantly
- A bit expensive
- Limited features in the free trial version
6. Nvidia GeForce Experience
Nvidia Geforce Experience, another best free game recorder, enables you to capture and share videos, screenshots, and live streams with friends. Keep your drivers up to date and optimize your game settings. Apart from updating your Nvidia drivers, this software provides Nvidia's Shadowplay feature, allowing you to record games easily. The software can record at the same resolution as your display, so if you have a 4K panel, your recordings will also be in 4K.
- If you have an Nvidia GPU, the GeForce Experience is free to use
- Simple and straightforward
- Use GPU to handle encoding
- Share gameplay videos and live streams on YouTube, Twitch, and Facebook.
- Work only with Nvidia GPUs
- Not as versatile as other professional screen recording software
Fraps is another great game recording software for Windows 10/8/7. There are too many and settings and configurations. Fraps can put out some massive files due to its benchmarking nature which provides you a wide range of resolutions. You can set the video capture frame rate manually and it can go from 30 to 120FPS. There is also an option to enter a custom FPS value where you can set the frame rate even below 30. You can use this game recorder to record both screen and audios through external input or system sound.
- User-friendly interface and simple to use
- Handles a wide variety of resolutions
- Benchmarking feature and statistics embedded
- Highlight cursor and capture audio from an external input device
- Recorded video size is high
- Lack of editing tools
- The free version has some limitations, including a watermark and limited recording time
Action, another excellent game recorder on the market. You can use this software to record a real-time game in high definition. This gaming software is compatible with any version of Windows and supports more than one video format - AVI and MP4. It's able to output high-quality MP4 @ 60fps gaming clips by utilizing Intel QSV, Nvidia NVENC, or AMD APP hardware acceleration. It is a competent game recording and video editing software for YouTube. After recording, Action allows you to stream videos on different platforms such as YouTube, Livestream, Ustream, etc.
- Good stability while recording game
- Supports live streaming on different platforms
- User-friendly interface
- 4K support
- Frame rates cannot be customized
- struggle on older machines; require a decent spec machine
- In free mode, game recording time is limited to 10 minutes
9. LOILO Game Recorder
LoiLo game recorder is a lightweight free game recording software. It offers enables you to record ongoing video games and edit the recorded game video with various features. This best game recording software supports Motion-JPEG. With this file format, you are to reach the best balance between file size and image quality. And it shows the least performance loss compared to any competitor's non-free software.
- User-friendly interface, easy-to-use
- Minimal performance loss
- Record your games for free without any limitation
- Create outstanding Full HD video in reasonable file size
- Not compatible with Windows Vista, XP, and Windows 10
10. Xsplit Gamecaster
XSplit Gamecaster is one of the best game recorders out there. It is compatible with Twitch. It can record your game and chooses the appropriate settings according to your computer's properties without manual customization. What's more, it comes with variable video editing features, such as picture-in-picture mode, watermarks, video annotations, and social media integration. After game recording, you can share the videos with social media platforms easily.
- Enough features are embedded in the free version
- Offer many video editing options
- Record locally or stream to all popular platforms with one click
- Advanced features only come with a monthly subscription
- It's a little expensive
Dxtory is another best game recorder software in this list that offers tons of features for game recording. In fact, it is one of the lightest software, yet quite comprehensive. The interface is extremely user-friendly, which makes it very simple to understand all settings and adjust them. This program record a lossless video of the highest possible quality, thus you need to prepare a lot of space for the captures. You can record screen with game sound or microphone's sound at the same time. In the video settings, you can customize video codecs, frames per second from 10-120, sources, size, and format.
- Extremely flexible
- Intuitive and clear user interface
- Plenty of customization options for a video codec, sizes, and formats
- Require a lot of free space on your hard drive without compression
- Annoying trial notification
- Not suitable for ordinary users
Top 5 Best Game Recording Software for Mac
If you want to record a game or whatever happening on your Mac screen, try out with the top five best free game recording software on Mac listed below.
1. Quick Time Player
QuickTime Player is the default Mac video player, but it's more than a video player. You can use QuickTime Player to do video recording for free, including game recording. It also has some basic video editing options, such as cut, copies, and pastes, adds a new soundtrack, adds annotations, rotates your video, and more. QuickTime game recording software uses onscreen controls, which are similar to a CD or DVD player.
- Small and intuitive interface
- Record audio with video simultaneously
- Record Skype videos in full screen
- Ability to save videos from the web
- Provide video editing features to create beautiful video and share it via email
- Limited recording and editing functionality
- System audio recording is not possible
Camtasia is an advanced video recording and editing tool. It's also a competent game recording software. You are free to change the recording settings and adjust the recording window size. It also supports you to record with a camera, microphone. As a comprehensive video editing software, Camtasia offers some advanced video editing features to assist users in adding effects, text, transitions, etc., fantastic features to the target video.
- Record full screen, window, region, webcam, and microphone
- Feature a video editor to edit recorded game video as imported videos
- Supports green screen effect to make it seem as if you are a part of the action
- Easy to incorporate animated items, like callouts and scrolling text
- Only free for 30 days with watermark
- Cost is high for ordinary users
Monosnap is a free best game recorder for Mac. You can use this program to record your screen and take quick screenshots in case you need to use it as a powerful screen recording software. This software can be used to capture a selected window or just a small part of the screen. After video recording, you can connect the cloud drives such as Dropbox, CloudApp, Yandex. Disk, Box.com, Google Drive, or FTPs to upload recorded videos to share with other PCs and smartphones.
- Totally free without feature limitation
- Record video as well as system sound
- Record in 60fps to ensure an ultra-smooth playback
- Highlight important details with pen, text, arrow, and shape
- Export to monosnap.com, Youtube, and other cloud platforms
- Video editing is not possible
- Mobile devices cannot be recorded
VLC is a free and open-source video recording software, as well as a free game recorder, available for cross-platform, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, and iOS. It's great music and video player of any format, including WMA, AAC, AIF, MP3, and much more on your computer. You can use it as a free screen video capture software with the built-in screen recording features.
- Simple and clean user interface
- Completely free and open source
- A simple and efficient way to create screen recordings
- Offer various alluring customized skins
- No audio recording options
- No video editing options
- Only record the entire screen
Screenflick is a macOS app focused on the core essentials of screen recording and game recording: providing the highest quality screen and audio capture, and delivering the key tools needed to communicate your screen experience to your viewers. This program enables you to create time-lapse screen recordings of long projects, and export to multiple sizes, frame rates, and formats whenever needed.
- User-friendly and well-streamlined interface
- Record screen in the whole screen, a section, or a specific window
- One-click type audio recording facility
- Strives to be as efficient as possible
- Record audio, including system audio, your Mac's microphone, or external mic
- Don't support Livestream, timeline editing, adding annotations
- Require OS X 10.10 or Later
To Sum Up
That's it. These are the top 16 best game recording software for Windows and Mac, both free and paid. They have their disadvantages and advantages, some with video editing function, some have no or limited ones. If you are a beginner, you can choose some free and simple-to-use game recording software. For advanced game recording, you can select the high-level tools.
For beginners working on Windows, we highly recommend EaseUS RecExperts. This game recording software is easy to use yet powerful. You can not only record gameplay but capture your screen, audio, and webcam with it. And after recording, you can simply edit it by adding images or watermarks, changing its speed, or compressing the recording file, then you can upload it to the social media platforms.
FAQs About Best Game Recording Software
1. What is the best video game recording software?
There is a lot of video game recording software available on the market. If you are a novice, EaseUS RecExperts is the best option for you. It allows you to record gameplay with a few simple clicks. Apart from that, you also can use it to capture screen, audio, even your webcam according to your needs.
2. What recording software do Youtubers use?
The most common screen recording software used by YouTubers are EaseUS RecExperts, OBS Studio, ShareX, Xsplit...
3. How do I record my gameplay?
To record your gameplay, you need a useful game recording software. Here you can try EaseUS RecExperts.
PC emulators for Android have come a long way in the past few years, and now you can enjoy a wide variety of games that your phone might not even be able to run. Bluestacks is our favorite Android emulator with a gaming focus, so we put together this list of the best games to play on the Bluestacks Android emulator. Just click any of the links below to start your Bluestacks download and get playing right away!
Best games on Bluestacks Android emulator:
Editor’s note: This list will be updated regularly when new Bluestacks games are released.
What is Bluestacks?
Bluestacks is one of the most popular Android PC and Mac emulators, used by more than 370 million people around the world. It not only allows you to run Android games on your desktop, it offers a number of additional features to take the experience to the next level.
Those features include improved graphics performance compared to even high-end smartphones, custom mappings for keyboards or bluetooth controllers, and multi-instance capabilities to play on more than one account at a time. Plus, there are regular giveaways for gaming gear and in-game items.
Why download Bluestacks?
The advantages above make Bluestacks an ideal choice for a number of Android games. While most mobile games are designed to be played in short spurts, some require extended play times that will eat through your battery in no time at all. Others, like PUBG Mobile, have graphics requirements that your phone might not meet.
For streamers, Bluestacks has even more advantages. It’s easy to stream to Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and more using OBS or other streaming software. This is a much more comfortable setup than streaming from your phone, which requires specialized cables and software.
Is Bluestacks safe?
Yes, Bluestacks is safe. Unlike many other Android emulators, Bluestacks is a legitimate company based in California that takes data protection seriously. Even so, you should always be sure to download Bluestacks from their official website, and not any third party websites.
Bluestacks will, however, consume a lot of resources on your computer, just like many other resource heavy applications or games. Keep that in mind if you want to leave it running in the background on a less than powerful machine.
Ready to get started? Just hit the Bluestacks download button below, then scroll down to the bottom and click the green download button. Or keep reading to learn more about our favorite games on Bluestacks.
1. AFK Arena
On the surface, AFK Arena looks like just another gacha game, but there is enough depth in its auto-play mechanics to sustain a huge playerbase around the world. Plus, the graphics and animations are fantastic, with just enough story to keep you interested in grinding it out. This makes our list of the best games for Bluestacks because you can take advantage of combo keys to repeat stages each time they’re finished. This is a game-changer for grinding out progression for both new and experienced players.
Arknights is a new game from the same developer as the hit strategy game Azur Lane. It features the typical anime aesthetics, but gameplay is something truly unique for the gacha genre. It’s a kind of hybrid tower defense game with a much higher difficulty than you might expect. As always, there is an element of grinding to progress, but thanks to Bluestacks you can set it and forget it. With fantastic art and F2P friendly gameplay, Arknights is perfect for fans of gacha games that are looking for something different.
3. The Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross
Anime fans will be more than familiar with The Seven Deadly Sins, which is one of the most popular anime and manga series around. Although the manga finished in early 2020, you can still relive the story with the fantastic turn-based strategy game Seven Deadly Sins: Grand Cross. It features the same voice actors as the anime series and some of the best visuals ever seen in a mobile game. Even if you’re not a fan of the anime, the incredible graphics and charming characters will leave you hooked.
4. Call of Duty: Mobile
Call of Duty: Mobile is one of the biggest releases this year, and although Bluetooth controller support was recently added, mouse and keyboard controls remain the most accurate. That’s where the Bluestacks Android emulator comes in. It allows you to customize your control scheme and play how you want to play. If you enjoy this one, you should also check out PUBG Mobile, although odds are you’ve already spent many hours in the forests of Vekendi.
5. Rise of Kingdoms
From the developers behind AFK Arena and Rise of Civilizations, Rise of Kingdoms: Lost Crusade is a strategy game that features both real-time battles and kingdom building gameplay. A huge player base, frequent updates, and plenty of premium currency for free players mean you’ll never run out of things to do.
6. Shop Titans
Top Pc Games For Mac
Shop Titans is a unique take on a fairly well-tread genre for mobile gaming, but what really sets it apart is great execution and balance. In it, you play as an upstart merchant who must build their shop into a retail empire. Not only can you fully customize your character and shop design, you can also team up with other artisans and equip local warriors to defend the town or explore dangerous dungeons. Like most simulation games, it’s a slow burn that you can come back to for years, but the daily and hourly progression is fast enough to keep you playing for hours at a time.
7. King of Avalon: Dragon Warfare
King of Avalon is another mobile game that has stood the test of time. At its core, it’s a multiplayer kingdom building game, but it also has MMO elements that keep the game interesting after weeks or months of gameplay. Playing on Bluestacks Android emulator makes it even easier to keep track of your kingdom while multitasking, and offers some powerful tools like multi-instancing for the truly committed.
Top Mac Games Free
8. Idle Heroes
If you’re looking for an idle game to play in the background while studying or watching Netflix, Idle Heroes is one of the best and most popular games out there. Countless players around the world have been playing for years, and by simply logging into your Google Play account you can continue your progression on your phone or PC thanks to the Bluestacks Android emulator. Many games have copied the formula set by Idle Heroes, but few do it as well. Plus, frequent updates and new events keep things fresh for veterans and newbies alike.
9. Civilization War
Civilization building games are a dime a dozen on the Google Play Store, but one of the best of the lot is Civilization War. It lets you choose from eight of the world’s most famous civilizations from history, from ancient Egypt to the Japanese Shogunate. As you build up your civilization, you can attack other players and steal their resources. With Bluestacks’ multi-instancing, you can have several civilizations building at once, which should help alleviate your reliance on active clanmates to progress in the late game.
10. State of Survival
Run Pc Games On Mac
There are plenty of zombie survival games on Android, but one of the best available is State of Survival. As you expand your territory and recruit new survivors, you can learn more about the infection and how to stop it. The game is great for running in the background while you do other tasks, and it’s very friendly to free players.
Best Games For Mac
That’s it for our list of the best games to play on Bluestacks. We’ll be adding more games as they come to the Bluestacks Android emulator! Check out some of our other content about emulation below.