Control iPhone from Mac: Do you ever get the urge to find a way to control your iOS device remotely from a Mac computer? I mean, wouldn’t it be a wonderful experience if you get the chance to control your iOS device, whether it is an iPhone or an iPad from a Mac computer. You will not have to pick up your iOS device every minute to check notifications or respond to your emails or messages. Also, you would get remote access to all the apps on your iOS device right on the screen of your Mac device without having to touch your iPhone or iPad even for a second.
However, controlling an iPhone from a Mac device is easier said than done because, in spite of Apple’s attempts to bring iOS and macOS on the same platform via iCloud, the operating systems are still very different from each other and work on a completely different way of their own. Also, there are many applications that are still not supported on both the platforms together. So in order to get complete access to an iOS device on a Mac computer, you would need to perform several tweaks. In this article, we are going to discuss in detail the ways by which you can control an iPhone from a Mac computer.
Control iPhone from Mac: Non-Jailbroken Devices
- The TeamViewer remote control app. for iPhone and iPad allows you to access other devices using your iOS device when on the go: Access Windows, Mac and Linux PCs. Easily access computers and servers remotely using an iPhone or iPad.
- AirServer is a solid applicaton that is simple to use when it comes to mirroring your.
Satechi Aluminum Wireless Presenter Pointer Remote Control - Compatible with 2019 MacBook Pro, 2018 MacBook Air, iMac Pro/iMac, 2019 iPad, 2018 iPad Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max/11 Pro/11 (Space Gray) 4.1 out of 5 stars 248.
In case you don’t know, jailbreaking is the process of removing the limitations imposed by Apple or the carrier from the iOS device. The process works by installing a software application on a computer and then transfers certain instructions to your iPhone or iPad so that it can break open the traditional file system and remove the restrictions imposed by the manufacturer. A jailbroken device allows you to install various third-party applications that are not approved by Apple or modify certain settings of your device which are not normally accessible.
However, jailbreaking an iPhone voids the warranty of the device and also undermines its security making it vulnerable to malware and virus attacks. So if you are not ready to jailbreak your iOS device to void the warranty, there are some basic functions which you can carry out on your Mac device and also get access to a limited number of apps of your iPhone on the Mac computer. Here is a complete list of all the features which you can access on your Mac device:
- Send iMessage, regular SMS messages or multimedia messages using your Mac’s Messages app without touching your iPhone
- Make and receive both regular and FaceTime calls on your Mac device
- Access your iPhone’s last Safari browsing session using Safari for Mac
- Access Notes, Reminders and Contacts from your Mac device and also make changes via iCloud
- Send or retrieve Maps routes to and from your iPhone on the Mac
- Continue typing an email you started on your iPhone
NOTE: In order to access these features, you need to use the same Apple ID on both your iPhone and Mac device. Also, make sure you have enabled the Handoff feature on your iPhone. To enable the feature, follow the sequence System Preferences > General > Allow Handoff
Control iPhone from Mac: Jailbroken Devices
If you are using a jailbroken iPhone, then you can control it completely and get access to all the applications on your Mac device quite easily. This functionality has been made possible by a Cydia tweak named Veency. Veency is basically a VNC (Virtual Network Computing) server that allows you to access your iPhone from a third party platform and use all the features of the phone remotely.
Now just follow the steps mentioned below carefully to get access to all the features of your iPhone and control it remotely from your Mac computer.
STEP 1: Open up Cydia on your jailbroken iPhone and search for Veency. Once found, install it on your device.
STEP 2: Once the installation is completed, hit Restart Springboard and wait for a few seconds
STEP 3: Now open the Settings app, then Wi-Fi and tap on the “i” button next to the network you are currently connected to. Note down the IP address
STEP 4: Now open up the in-built Screen Sharing tool on your Mac computer
STEP 5: To connect your iPhone with Mac, simply type the IP address of your iOS device noted down earlier and tap on the Connect button. On successful pairing, you will be able to see the display of your iPhone screen on the Mac computer.
NOTE: If you are using this method to control your iPhone remotely from a Mac device, you should take into consideration that your target IP address may change from time to time. So do not forget to check your target IP address every time you pair your iOS device with a Mac computer.
Can’t Miss: Guide to Use Depth Control on iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max
If you own a Mac device along with an iPhone or any other iOS device, you can now remotely control your iPhone from Mac and also get access to all its features. The only thing you need to do is get your iOS device jailbroken to get complete access. In case you have bought a new iPhone recently and is not ready to jailbreak it right now, you can still get access to a limited number of features on your Mac computer.
With the advancement of technology, you can now control PC using your iPhone. Through this function, you can easily do your task even if you are not in front of your computer. Yet there are also times that you need to do your task on the computer and manage your iPhone at the same time. In this case, you need a tool to help you control iPhone from computer. This is useful when you want to respond to notifications or reply to text messages on your iPhone. In this article, we will show you one of the recommended ways to control your iPhone using computer.
How to Control iPhone from PC
This program released by Cydia works for jailbroken devices. If your device is already jailbroken, you can now use Veency to take control of your iPhone from your PC running Windows, Linux and Mac. With the help of this tool, you can access controls including, lock and menu button, touch screen, and even type using the keyboard of your computer. So, if you want to access your phone from the comfort of your computer and with the benefit of a bigger screen, this program is for you. Now to control iPhone from computer, see the simple guide below.
- Launch Cydia on your jailbroken iOS device and update any repositories needed then proceed with the following steps.
- Now, search for “Veency” app and install it on your iPhone.
- After the installation, proceed by tapping the “Restart Springboard” and wait for Cydia to work. Once done, it should be available on your settings. Next, find the Veency entry on your iPhone settings. From there, toggle the “Show cursor” to on. After the procedure, your iPhone is ready to be controlled remotely.
- Make sure to connect your iPhone and PC to the same wireless network. On your iOS device, navigate to “Settings” followed by “Wi-Fi”, tap the small “i” next to the network then find your IP Address and take note of it.
- Now launch the VNC Viewer on your PC and type in the IP Address based on your iPhone. you will then see your iPhone being displayed on your PC screen. You can now remote control iPhone from PC and do many things like streaming media and composing SMS using your PC.
Additional Tip: ApowerMirror
With the help of Veency, it’s now possible to control iPhone from your computer. Yet in case you only need to reflect your iPhone to PC for a much wider display, then you may use ApowerMirror. It is a popular screen mirroring program which allows users to cast iPhone or Android device to PC with high-quality. Unlike the other app which lags when you reflect phone to PC, this app lets you enjoy a responsive mirroring process. Aside from that, it has a whiteboard marker function which lets you draw lines and shapes on screen. Hence, you can conduct a presentation even if you only have iPhone as your remote to access computer. Moreover, its desktop program allows you to adjust your AirPlay resolution to get the best display quality.
You might need to respond to alerts or SMS from your iPhone. Whatever reason it may be, you can now take control iOS from PC through the use of Veency. You might find the procedure a bit confusing, but the result is worth all that. We also recommend you to use ApowerMirror when you need to mirror your iOS device on your PC.