This free Mac screen recording app has a four-star rating on the Mac App store. It was designed to allow you to make and share GIF screen recordings quickly through application's server. One drawback is that this tool doesn't record audio. Another drawback is that your recordings are limited to five minutes.There are quite a few screen recording apps for Windows 10 available in the market, and each one is suitable for a specific audience. That's how most software competing in the same niche distinguish themselves.
Apowersoft Audio Recorder is simple recording software for both beginners & pro users. The software is dedicated to recording all sorts of sounds on your Mac. Its advanced features even allow users to record streaming audio, radio, VoIP calls and more through speakers & microphone. It supports popular file formats such as WMA, WAV, AAC, and OCG. Download this app from Microsoft Store for Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 10 Team (Surface Hub), HoloLens. See screenshots, read the latest customer reviews, and compare ratings for Windows Voice Recorder. Icecream Screen Recorder is an easy-to-use free screen recording software that enables you to record any area of your screen or save it as a screenshot. Record apps and games, video tutorials, webinars, live streams, Skype calls and much more. You can record screen along with audio and webcam. Screen recorder is available on Windows, Mac and Android. This free app includes some trial features that are available to try for a limited time in the free version, at the end of which those trial features must be purchased in order to continue to use those features within the app. Screen Recorder Features Include:. Create either 4:3 videos or 16:9 videos. Choose size, resolution,.Let's begin.
1. Game BarWindows 10 comes with a built-in app called the Game Bar, which is mostly used by gamers to record their screens. It's a neat and free screen recorder app for Windows 10. Because the feature is tied deeply with Xbox, it is somewhat limited for usage otherwise. For example, it will record videos only inside an app or a game and not inside File Explorer or on desktop.It is best suited for recording screen when you are playing a game on your computer. You can record both audio and video (MP4) and also take screenshots (PNG) using keyboard shortcuts. The recorded screen video can then be shared on Twitter and other social media accounts. The recorded files will be saved here.One neat feature is the ability to record the last 30 seconds. Useful when you make a killer move in a game and realize that the recording is not on. Press Windows key+G to launch or search for it in the Start menu.
2. FreecamFreecam is free, for the most part. You can choose a recording area on the screen and be selective about what gets recorded. Because Freecam was designed for tutors and people who create how-to videos, it comes with features like highlighting the cursor to track its movement, removing background noise, and also record system sounds.The pro version, for $227/year, will add more features like voiceover, annotations, record screen and webcam together, inserting shapes, music, effects, and text, and more. Freecam is excellent if you make how-to videos for YouTube (direct upload option), students, or even in the offices.Download Freecam
Also on Guiding Tech
AZ Screen Recorder vs DU Screen Recorder: A Detailed ComparisonRead More
3. CamtasiaCamtasia is the most powerful and feature-rich screen recorder app for Windows 10. It is also one of the oldest. It is easy to learn, works in the background, and comes with many useful effects and shapes. Unlike Freecam, Camtasia works with not only YouTube but also other popular video streaming sites like Vimeo.Camtasia offers everything that you get with Freecam like transition effects, text, shapes, adding audio and video, and then some additional features like zooming and panning and quizzes. Camtasia is also more stable, effortless, and professional in its approach.Download Camtasia
4. BandicamBandicam was designed with gamers in mind but can be used for pretty much all sorts of recording. It offers a beautiful and easy to use UI. Gamebar was only introduced with Windows 10, and it is still far from perfect. Bandicam uses high compression to reduce video size, but also compromises on the quality a little but nothing significant. It also works with Xbox, PS, and smartphones and external devices too.Bandicam will allow you to record both games as well as screens of any app effortlessly. Selecting an area to focus on and recording is easy. Lower file size means they are easier to share and upload, but you can also record in 4K. Its life time license costs $39. Bandicam offers some additional but interesting features like scheduling and real-time drawing. It's an all-round good screen recorder app for Windows 10.Download Bandicam
Also on Guiding Tech
How to Record Your Screen with Zoom on Windows 10 and macOSRead More
5. ShareXShareX is an open-source screen capture and recorder for Windows 10 that is completely free to use and regularly updated. While the UI can be a little confusing, it is an excellent app with tons of features and options. Not only can you capture and record videos of the screen, but you can also automate what happens after the recording is complete. Some examples include opening file location, adding watermark, uploading to your favorite social media platform, and more. There is a long list of streaming sites, URL shorteners, and social media apps it integrates with.You can select a region to capture and record, annotate, add effects, and do more easily. Some additional tools that you may like are a color picker, QR code scanner, URL shortener, image split/merge, and directory indexer.Download ShareX
6. ApowerRECApowerREC screen recording app for Windows 10 offers some really smart features like auto-recording, scheduling, and recording only when a particular app is running. These features, coupled with a customizable UI, make it a solid contender in the screen recording space.You can select a screen area to record or choose the webcam. Either way, you can edit recorded videos with ease. Then there is the video converter, which will further help with your editing needs. Other editing features include adding intro and outro, watermark, and trimming. A lifetime license will cost you $69. It is affordable and is worth for app-centric recording and scheduling.Download ApowerREC
7. FlashBackFlashBack is a screen recorder app for Windows 10, which is popular with students and teachers. You can quickly and easily record the screen or part thereof, annotate or add notes to the video, and export in many supported formats.Are you using a multiple monitor setup? FlashBack will record one or all monitors. You can also add a watermark to the video. There is a separate version called FBX or FlashBack Extreme for gamers. You can make special highlight videos to showcase your gaming skills with a click with FBX. A lifetime license will cost you $49, but students get a 50% discount.Download FlashBack
Record EverythingAs a gamer, I like to record everything, no matter what I am doing or playing. You don't know what you will discover in the next screen or what happens next.Here is a video of the best free Screen recording apps for Windows by our Guiding Tech YouTube (English) Channel:
These are some of the best screen recording apps for Windows 10, and there is one of everyone. You can record screens while gaming, creating tutorials, giving presentations, troubleshooting Windows, and more. Just make sure you get the right one for the job.
Next up:Want to take scrolling screenshots in Windows 10? Click on the link below to learn how to do just that.
The above article may contain affiliate links which help support Guiding Tech. However, it does not affect our editorial integrity. The content remains unbiased and authentic.Read NextHow to Take Scrolling Screenshots in Windows 10Also See#recording
Video Recording Apps For Mac#screenshots
Did You Know
You can pin the Recycle Bin on the Start menu in Windows 10.