Use Third Party App to Record Audio on Mac. You can record audio on Mac using QuickTime and GarageBand. But there are some third party apps which are free to use and provide more features. Audacity App is a free and open source application for audio recording and editing. It has lots of features to customize the audio recording on Mac. Radio Playlists (These playlists randomly refresh everytime you revisit the site. Take note of the associated album, if there is a track you enjoyed.) Techno/Trance/House Asian/Middle Eastern/Indian Bells New Age 1 2: Member of ASCAP. All Music heard at this site was originally composed, mixed, recorded, and produced by Joe and James Sierra of. Radio for mac, Apple OSX app. Play and record streaming internet radio from your menu bar Listen, record and export your favourite radio stations. All from your menu bar! Play any streaming radio station: MP3, AAC, WMA or VBR Add your own radio stations; Choose from.
- Radio Record For Mac Os
- Record Internet Radio Mac
- Radio Record For Mac Catalina
- Mac Record Audio
- Screen Record For Mac
- Mac Radio App
'How to record internet radio? – What’s the best way to record internet radio Mac? Thanks.' - By moosharoo from Apple Support Communities.
There are occasions that we need to record Internet radio on Mac like recording wonderful music from a certain online radio station or recording streaming audio on Mac. Apple has provided no direct way for us to record radio stream Mac. So, is there any effective Internet radio recorder Mac or solution to record internet radio Mac? The answer is yes. In this guide, we would like to provide you with several different internet radio recorders for Mac users to record internet radio Mac effectively. Most of these recommended tools have Windows versions. Therefore, you could also refer to this guide to record Internet radio and other online audio on Windows computer.
Part 1: Record Internet Radio Mac with Quicktime Player
Though Apple has provided no preset solution for Mac users to record Internet radio Mac, Quicktime Player could actually complete this with the help of certain plugin called SoundFlower, a free Mac extension that allows programs to pass audio to other applications. It acts as an audio device, which allows programs to send or receive audio from it without any other support.
1. Download and install this Soundflower program by opening the .dmg file and following the on-screen instructions on your Mac computer.
2. Once Soundflower is successfully installed, visit the Sound tab in your System Preferences again. Click on 'Soundflower (2ch)' on the 'Output' section of Sound settings panel. Now your computer is outputting all of its audio through the Soundflower (2ch) extension. (The only downside is that you will not be able to hear audio through your speakers as long as this is selected.)
3. Now open Quicktime Player and click on File > New Audio Recording. Click the little arrow on the side of the Quicktime window. Under the microphone section, click on 'Soundflower (2ch)'. After that, click the red button and play internet radio to start recording internet radio on Mac.
When you’re done and you want to hear audio through your speakers again, go back to System Preferences>Sound>Output, and click on 'Internal Speakers'. Your audio will now play through your internal speakers again.
Radio Record For Mac Os
Part 2: Record Internet Radio Mac with Leawo Music Recorder for Mac
It seems to be quite complicated to record Internet radio Mac with QuickTime player and Soundflower. That’s why we recommend you Leawo Music Recorder for Mac, a professional music recording software program for Mac users to record any audio on Mac and save into either WAV, MP3 or M4A. It could perfectly perform as Internet radio recorder Mac program to record internet radio Mac in simple clicks. Besides recording online radio, Leawo Music Recorder could also record and download audio from various audio websites like YouTube, Facebook, Last.FM, Pandora, Napster, Spotify, GUBA, NPC, MySpace, etc. into MP3, WAV or M4A audio files. What’s more, if you’re recording music from Internet radio on Mac, this music recorder software could automatically download and install music tags for recordings.
Leawo Music Recorder for Mac
Record Internet Radio Mac
☉ Record from 1000+ music sites like YouTube, Facebook, etc.
☉ Schedule music recording via recording task scheduler.
☉ Automatically/manually add tags: artist, album, etc.
☉ Save recordings to WAV, MP3, or M4A format.
Download and install this Mac audio recording software on your Mac computer and then launch it. The below steps would show you how to record internet radio Mac with this internet radio recorder Mac software. It works on Mac OS 10.6 and later.
Step 1: Set Audio Source
On the main interface of Leawo Music Recorder for Mac, click the little microphone icon and then you come to the 'Audio Source' panel. You could see 'Record Built-in Audio' option and 'Record Computer Audio' option. To record internet radio on Mac, choose 'Record Computer Audio' option.
Step 2. Set output format
Go to 'Leawo Music Recorder > Preferences > Format' to set the output format from MP3 Audio, WAV Audio and W4A Audio. You could change the audio parameters like bit rate and sample rate. After that, go to 'Preferences > General' to set output directory to save recorded internet radio audio on Mac. Click the 'OK' button to save settings and quit.
Step 3. Start to record internet radio on Mac
Then click the red 'Start' button to record internet radio while you’re playing it. Leawo Music Recorder for Mac gets a task recording scheduler inside, which enables you to schedule recording by setting its Start time and duration. This would help you record internet radio on Mac even you’re not before the Mac computer. To access to the Scheduler tab, click the second icon from the left at the bottom left corner. Click the red button again to finish recording internet radio on Mac.
Step 4. Edit audio tags
As mentioned above, Leawo Music Recorder for Mac is able to automatically download and add music tags if you’re recording music on Mac computer. But you could still adjust audio tags by entering 'Library > All Recordings' to choose the audio recording and right click it to select 'Edit Music Tags' option. You could change audio tags like recording title, artist, and genre.
Actually, with Leawo Music Recorder for Mac, you could not only record online music like radio or songs from various websites, but also record external voice through microphone, computer audio from local drive, etc. For Windows computer owners, please turn to Leawo Music Recorder to record internet radio and other sound sources on Windows computer with ease.
Part 3: Record Internet Radio on Mac with Audacity
Radio Record For Mac Catalina
Audacity is another wonderful online radio recording software tool we would like to recommend to you for recording Internet radio on Mac and Windows (it’s available for multiple platforms, including Mac, Windows, Linux, etc.). It’s a totally free audio recorder software program that enables you to record any sound from your microphone or your Mac. Also, it’s an audio editor tool that enables you to edit audio with multiple practical editing features like trimming, cropping, adjusting effect, etc. With the help of SoundFlower, you could record any sound on Mac and then route sounds to any other Mac app instead of the default speakers.
Follow the below steps to learn how to record Internet radio on Mac with Audacity:
1. Download and install Audacity and Soundflower on your Mac.
2. Click the Apple menu to Open System Preferences on your Mac, select Sounds, switch to the Output tab and set Soundflower (2ch) as the device for sound output.
3. Open the Soundflowerbed app (you can find it through Spotlight) and it will add a Flower item to your menu bar. Click the flower and set Built-in Output for Soundflower 2ch.
4. Open Audacity Preferences, switch to the devices tab and select Soundflower (2ch) as the Recording device.
5. Next switch to the Recording tab. Click the red button to start recording and at the same time play back target Internet Radio audio on Mac for recording.
6. You will then be able to listen to the audio while it’s getting recorded inside Audacity. Click OK to save your preferences.
7. When you are done, just export the audio as an MP3 file by clicking the “Export” button and then following the on-screen notifications.
Compared to Leawo Music Recorder, Audacity is totally free, but more complicated in recording. Meanwhile, Audacity won’t automatically download and add tags to recorded audio files, while Leawo Music Recorder could.
Part 4: Record Internet Radio on Mac with GarageBand
For Apple users, GarageBand is not a strange thing. GarageBand could record multiple tracks of audio with filters that realistically simulate sampled instruments to simple voice recordings. GarageBand files can be exported in a variety of formats and shared in a podcast; with an iPod, iPhone or iPad; sent via email; or streamed over the Internet. You could simply make use of GarageBand to record Internet radio on Mac computer and then save in audio files.
Check the below steps to learn how to use GarageBand to record Internet radio on Mac in detail:
1. Find GarageBand on your Mac computer. It’s pre-installed and located in “Finder > Applications” tab. If not, download and install it.
2. Open the Launchpad to search 'midi' for Audio MIDI Setup. Click on the '+' and choose 'Create Multi-output Device'. Check the boxes in the terms of 'Built-in Output' and 'Soundflower (2ch)' on the Audio Devices panel.
3. Pull down the Apple menu and open 'System Preferences > Sound > Output' tab to select 'Multi-Output Device'. Under 'Input' tab, select 'Soundflower (2ch)'.
4. On GarageBand, choose 'Create New Music Project' option, and then name it and set an output directory.
5. Close the “GarageBand Piano” panel, and then go to the “Track” menu to choose “New Track” option.
6. Pick 'Real Instrument' as your audio recording device and click 'Create'.
7. Click on the record button and start recording and then immediately play back song on Internet radio. Click the red button again to stop recording.
8. Click the “Share” button to export recording or share it in different ways.
Obviously, GarageBand is much more complicated than Leawo Music Recorder in recording music from online and offline audio sources.
Jul 18,2019 • Filed to: Record Audio • Proven solutions
Nowadays, internet provides people with convenience to share music, audio, videos, live streaming and radio stations for others to access and enjoy. And there are a number of free streaming audio recorder online software that allows you to record the streaming music directly on the website. But there might be this or that limitation for these audio recorder. So how to choose the best audio recorder? Here we will share with you the top 7 best free streaming audio recorder for Mac and Windows PC. Just choose any one to start recording music for free.
Part 1. Top 3 Free Streaming Audio Recorder for Mac
With iMusic, you will be able to record any audio played on your Mac and Windows PC. This software records audio without losing quality and saves recorded audio in MP3 and M4A format, which is widely used and supported by many kinds of portable devices. iMusic offers all the features you need to discover, download, record and even transfer music:
iMusic - Best Audio Recorder on Windows/Mac You Deserve to Own
- Built-in music library allows you search for music by genre, artist, top lists, etc.
- Allow users to download music from the built-in music library for totally free.
- Support downloading music from over 3000 music sites by copying and pasting.
- Record any song you need, if you can play the song, then you can record it.
- Get the information for downloaded and recorded songs automatically, including album, artist, genre, and cover.
- Transfer music between iTunes, Android phones, iPhone, iPod and iPad without any hassle.
How to Record Streaming Audio with iMusic
iMusic is compatible with macOS 10.5 or later, including macOS 10.13 High Sierra, 10.12 Sierra, 10.11 EL Capitan and 10.10 Yosemite, and Windows 10. The initial thing is to download and install this streaming audio recorder software. Then you can follow the tutorial below to finish streaming audio recording.
To begin to download music, simply download and install iMusic on your computer. Lauch it and click the 'GET MUSIC tab'. From there, clickc the third tab 'RECORD'.
Why Choose iMusic Audio Recorder
What You Will Need:
A Computer; iMusic
Variable depending on the file size.
Steps to Record Streaming Audio by iMusic
Step 1. Start Recording Audio Stream
Download and install the program on your computer. Launch it, click 'GET MUSIC' and navigate to 'RECORD'. Click the red Record button to start recording. Navigate to the stream audio that you want to download and play it. Audio Recorder will detect the sound and begin to recording it for you.
Step 2. Check the Recorded Songs
When the recording is finished, you can click the LIBRARY tab to access the files. The program will automatically tag songs with the information the software has detected, including album, artist, and cover. Double click on the music then you can play it with the inbuilt music player.
Apowersoft Audio Recorder
This free audio recorder for Mac can record any sound your computer produces. It has both Mac and Windows version. Apowersoft Audio Recorder can also produce output files in several formats such as AAC, MP3, etc. This tool not only works as an exceptional audio recorder, but also serves the purpose of free audio editing software, CD burner/ripper and audio converter. Just get this audio recorder for free to enjoy your lovely music.
However, it limits its users to 128 kbps recordings, which is on the low end of acceptable audio quality. And it only allows its users record audio in a maximum of 3 minutes and it can only download one track at a time.
Free Sound Recorder
As the name indicates, this free computer audio recorder is a completely free to use streaming audio recorder. Without spending a dime you will be able to record music from your sound card. This software only has a Windows version and is not available for Linux and Mac. This Free Sound Recorder produces output audio files in several different formats, like OGG, MP3, etc.
Part 2. Top 4 Free Streaming Audio Recorder for Windows 10
If you want to record audio on Windows PC, we recommend you to use iMuisc. This audio recorder is easy-to-use and allows you to record music from any sites and audio applications. It can detect the music you are playing and enables you to record the music in only 1 click. It works with a virtual sound card so you will get the audio file in 100% original quality.
What's more, you can customize the output audio and set the format as MP3 or M4A. You can also make ringtones with the recorded music. The recorded music will be saved to iTunes library, letting you transfer them to your iPhone, iPad, iPod, Android phones, creating car playlists and burning to CDs, etc.
Audacity by the Audacity Developers Inc sits on the top echelon of audio recorders. A position it has earned itself over the years as a result of the multi-featured, easy-to-use interface that it spots. Being one of the most responsive software available today, Audacity has the capability of recording from directly from your laptop's microphone, line input or even via a USB/firewire. The developer also made it sensitive enough to be able to pick up sound from the general computer playback.
Even better, you could edit, enhance and convert clips recorded using this software to various other formats such MP3, WAV, FLAC etc.
- One of the most feature-rich audio-recorder programs available today.
- Has a built in easy to use, simplified platform.
- Doesn't support VST plugins. However, you can always download them separately.
- Some users have reported experiencing difficulty in installing the program on their machines especially after the latest Windows 8 update by Microsoft.
Mac Record Audio
At just 283.3KB, Wavosaur is perhaps one of the most easily portable Windows streaming audio recorder software today. In spite of its small size, the program still manages to trump other mainstream application in terms of overall quality delivery. The platform is additionally easy to use, especially if you have some prior background in media recording. The feature-set might not be as rich as Audacity's, but you will still have everything you might expect from any decent audio recorder program.
- Very portable and easy to download or install.
- Reasonably feature-rich given its size and relatively easy user-interface.
- Don't expect premium applications' level of functionality here, but this is expected considering that it's a freeware.
- The developer is not known for being timely in releasing new updates for this program. You could be stuck with one dashboard for months.
If you need a decent multi-track recorder, mixer, and audio sequencer, then this free streaming audio recorder for Windows could easily fit your bill. Unlike the above two applications, Kristal Audio is designed as a modular system. The developer, however, has done a remarkable job in packing it with the majority of essential features such as VST effects, metronome control, and a performance meter.
Screen Record For Mac
- The mixer window has 16 'wavers' meaning it has the capacity to recording 16 tracks and manipulating them at-a-go.
Mac Radio App
- Being a modular system, some users have complained in it being comparatively difficult to use.
- Does not support saving of the recordings to traditional or popular formats such as MP3.