PDF Editor Mac is a worthy mention among the best free PDF Editors for macOS. It is a free app that lets you customize your PDF files as you wish. Using PDF Editor Mac you can insert images, add texts, watermarks, and modify PDF document fonts. It also allows for other actions. Free pdf editor mac os free download - Apple Mac OS X Mavericks, Apple Mac OS Update 8.6, R for Mac OS X, and many more programs.
2020-09-11 17:51:24 • Filed to: macOS 10.15 • Proven solutions
The PDF file format was developed in the 1990s by adobe to be a way where documents were to being shared among users with the different operating system. Hitherto, this became a great success and the only major way to share files. This has prompted best OSX apps including web browsers and office suits to have the inbuilt capability to open and read PDF files. However, apart from those applications, there are the best macOS 10.15 apps which give you more capabilities with PDF files like to create PDF, edit, compress, and more. This article digs deep and brings to you the best macOS 10.15 apps to use for your PDF documents.
Top 9 Free Apps for macOS 10.15
PDFelement is arguably the best utility ever to have been developed for macOS 10.15. It offers users the liberty to do so much with their PDFs. It has great functionalities which effortless allow you to create, edit, convert and view PDF files.
- This PDF utility can allow you to feasibly change the text, annotate, and even edit watermarks and links within a few clicks.
- When you got scanned documents, you can make it editable without missing every bit of critical information with the help of optical character recognition functionality.
- Functionalities like adding backgrounds, headers and footers are easy than before making you to further customize PDF's.
- What about sharing files? This has been made easy than before like sending a text via social media and supports page merging and splitting.
- Importantly, it has multiple folds of PDF templates which you can use and come up with a professional PDF file.
- Has a user-friendly interface.
- Powerful editing functionality.
- Uses advanced technology; OCR technology
- Cloud integration
LightPDF appears second among the best macOS 10.15 apps and has been there for a while now. It has proven to be a must-have online PDF utility which has more important features like any desktop professional utility. It supports a wide range of document formats including PPT, Word, Excel, and PNG which you can convert to PDF. It doesn't require any kind of additional installation to use the suite. LightPDF has broken down the conversion of files to PDF a simple task without interfering with the content. It is reliable and free from malware dispelling any security compromises worries. This online Mac PDF utility has no limit for the size of the document you can upload. It has advanced technology function, OCR, which allows every user to transform scanned documents to editable Excel, RTF, and Word formats. Perhaps, this is one of the best macOS 10.15 apps.
- Supports extraction of files from PDF and Images.
- User-friendly and easy to understand
- You permit to add watermarks
- Batch processing of files isn't possible
- Contain a few features which are not an expectation from the best application.
3. Adobe Acrobat Pro Document Cloud (DC)
This is one of the best macOS 10.15 Apps which has been in use for the longest time while maintaining their good reputation. Pro DC is one of the distinct software for macOS 10.15 which is available online and in the desktop version. It provides unique services to the users to efficiently edit, print, view, manage, and create PDF documents. It has the cloud on its name meaning you can create a document online an upload to cloud storage which you can later access on mobile phone or desktop. Online security for Adobe Pro DC is reinforced with the e-signature and Dropbox integration.
- Output files in high resolution virtually maintaining them to be the same.
- Sharing functionality allows for PDF file compression.
- Much easier to store and archive PDF documents.
- Supports form filling.
- Incapable of editing PDF documents.
- Only works with PDF documents prompting you to convert them first before using Adobe Acrobat Pro DC.
4. ABBY FineReader Pro for Mac
There is no complete list of best applications for macOS 10.15 without ABBYY FineReader Pro. The PDF suite has an exceptional combination of OCR and document conversion quality with a user-friendly interface. A thing making top its peers is the ability to precisely recognize text and retain layout with support of 180+ international languages. The program works well with PDF and multiple image formats. Convert easily PDF to word on macOS 10.15 and also feasible output into several other formats like TXT, XSLX, HTML, EPBU, and more others. Notable functionalities are the ability to carry batch processing and Text-to-Speech saving significant time while working with it and convenient for every user.
- Best OCR accuracy and speed
- Supports conversion to the editing of PDF, Word, Excel and more
- Precisely maintains the formatting of the original document
- Fail to support older TWAIN scanners.
Yet another simple and powerful PDF application for macOS 10.15 Catalina. Users using PDFpen can create PDF documents, edit, and share them. It as well makes it easy and possible for users to add texts and drawings on their PDF documents. Moreover, other important functionalities which come with this best app macOS 10.15 include allowing users to embed, fill, and design forms on current files. It assures a secured PDF document access by including a digital signature and access diverse document techniques and features for image export into diverse document formats. Including what was recently added is annotations which make possible to mark PDF document and even sharing without manipulating even a thing. PDFpen allows you to add comments easily and has an advanced Table of Contents together with diverse image format versions.
- Supports export of PDF documents and images into different formats.
- Has Optical Character Recognition function.
- Allows adding of annotations, images, texts, and more on the document page.
- A bit complicated to use.
- Icons and tool options are not well organized and are quite incoherent.
6. PDF Expert
This PDF utility is one popular and flexible macOS 10.15 PDF editor that provides a user with a platform to read, manipulate and annotate PDF documents from a centralized dashboard. It has in-built functionalities which you can use to edit images, texts and links, fill forms and electronically sign contracts. The speed at which PDF Expert works with several files is more than satisfying. With PDF Expert, you can use password and protect your sensitive files and documents and add notes or comments to easily collaborate with your team.
- User-friendly interface
- Has splitting and merging of documents functionality
- Automatically detect fonts
- Good reading experience.
- OCR is unavailable
- Has fewer features than other PDF editors
This has been an important tool for Mac users in viewing PDF's. Now, in the new macOS 10.15 is stronger than before. The free tool has included features to share, print, and view PDF documents and images features. More advanced features include the ability to run Adobe Illustrator document (AI), PDFs, GIF, JPEG, PPT, and BMT and more other different formats. Security features have rather improved where it now has a file-encrypting and restricting functionality. The PDF document associated with security feature will require you to provide for it to be printed, copied or accessed. This new feature has uplifted Preview to being among the best macOS 10.15 apps.
- Possible to loop with a lot of simplicity lost GIFs.
- Possible to preview lost playback.
- Upgrades support easier PDF signing and viewing.
- PDF's might be erased without warning.
- Encrypted PDF files lack editing feature,
- Fails to support ISO-standardized PDF.
This is a simple and handy tool when matters PDF editing is considered. It allows you to easily draw certain figures and shapes in your PDF, add text and images, among others. It has an intuitive interface which can be managed even by a novice without major difficulty.
- Supports upload of files from cloud file storage.
- Have in-built practical and usable PDF features.
- Fails to execute advanced functions.
- Web-based only.
- Has a limited number of files to be uploaded.
9. Foxit Reader
Considering the best macOS 10.15 apps 2019, Foxit Reader is almost the only app to supports a set of all international languages. It can be used to edit, view, and create PDF documents. A Foxit notable feature is providing users to add both comments and notes to PDF files. Another great technological feature integrated with this tool is the ability of users to reject and share Connected PDF files, manage the viewership of the PDF files and check if they have been tweaked.
- Supports Job Access with Speech functionality which is great for blind users.
- The program is good for purposes like presentation.
- Fails to support large files.
How to Choose the Best PDF Apps for macOS Catalina
We cannot detest the fact there are quite a lot of PDF tools available which can aid you to get the job done. However, we agree that All PDF tools available are not of equal capability. After a comprehensive test and reviews, PDFelement emerges as an exemplary tool high above its competitors. What is evident is that the program is supplied with quite a lot of features which are useful even for the free standard version which is an absolute gain for less. PDFelement is highly efficacious, reliable, fast, and affordable if you go ahead and look for features found in the advanced version.
The following are other beneficial features which come with PDF for Mac:
- Allows edit PDF document, adding headers and footers, watermarks and backgrounds
- Pretty easy to sign in and secure PDF documents
- Supports PDF file conversion to formats like Excel, PowerPoint, HTML, Images, Word and EPUB while maintain format and tables in the PDF.
- Comes with highly advanced Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to scan image-based PDFs to editable formats.
- Provides the ability to comment and annotation features
- Allows to create PDF files from blank documents, from screen capture, window capture and merging existing files.
- Allows you to create forms, fill forms and edit forms.
- Supplied with sufficient PDF templates with a typical download
- Apart from supporting macOS 10.15, it supports all Mac devices.
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Free Download or Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Buy PDFelement right now!
Have you wondered often how to find the best PDF editors for Mac? When it comes to Mac systems, it is often a bit challenging to find apps that can work best for your Macbook.
So, here we are with the best & free PDF solution for Mac in our blog that can help you easily read and edit your PDFs, fill up PDF forms, and do countless other tasks effortlessly.
Create, convert, combine, split, and export text as well as pages to process and manage them better with the help of a PDF file editor.
11 Best Free PDF Editor Software For Mac in 2020:
So, let’s find out the 11 best PDF file editors for Mac computers in 2020.
1. Adobe Acrobat
Adobe Acrobat is one of the most well-renowned PDF file editor software that offers the best desktop PDF solution including a mobile version to fill, sign, and share PDFs from any device.
It comes with an attractive UI with touch functionality. There is an option for trying the tool for free for 7-days before purchasing it.
You can edit files anytime anywhere with Acrobat. The tool does support lots of advanced features; however, it is slightly complex for beginners.
- Compares documents swiftly.
- Recognizes form fields automatically.
- Transform MS Office files effortlessly into PDF.
- Supports automatic formatting.
- Includes an in-built spellcheck.
- Add digital signatures with this tool.
Read More: How To Convert PDF To Excel (Online & Offline)
Edit Pdf On Mac Free
Another excellent PDF file editor software is PDFelement. With this program, you can easily edit and convert files in PDF format. Additionally, it also supports OCR, annotation, form processing, and digital signature features.
It is an amazing one-stop solution for Mac systems and gives a competitive edge to other software products in this category owing to its data extraction technology.
- Edit PDFs smoothly with superior annotation tools and editing features.
- Convert and create PDFs easily.
- Simple design and user interface.
- Supports OCR and batch processing tools.
Skim is a free Mac PDF editor that has an easy design. Read PDFs effortlessly in addition to editing PDFs and creating as well as converting texts. You can even improve the text of a PDF with the superb editing feature.
It offers a note-taking tool, text highlight feature, magnification tool, and a lot more. Let’s look at the prime features in detail below:
- Add bookmarks easily with this tool.
- Take screenshots of the PDF files for future reference.
- Supports Apple Remote Control.
- Extensively supports AppleScript.
When it comes to discussing the best Mac PDF editing software, then how can we leave behind Preview which is the in-built free application of Mac?
Mac Preview opens a plethora of possibilities to edit PDF files. Wondering what you can do with the Preview app?
Using this program you can merge PDfs, split it, zoom the PDFs as well as secure your PDFs. The best features of this app are mentioned below:
- Supports text highlighting feature.
- Easily export your PDF file to other formats.
- Add a digital signature to the PDFs with this app.
- Read a PDF quickly with this app.
5. PDF Buddy
Our next pick is PDF Buddy that is an online tool for editing PDFs. All you need to do is drag and drop a PDF file in the tool and begin editing the PDF. Sounds pretty simple, right?
It is indeed simple and absolutely safe to edit PDFs with this tool. You can utilize extensive features of this app to edit a PDF according to your choice. Here are some of the important features of this app:
- The tool comes with SSL(Secure Sockets Layer) and AES-256-bit encryption to protect the PDF files.
- You can edit upto 3 PDFs each month with this tool for free.
- This tool is accessible from everywhere.
Read More: How to Convert PDF into Word
6. Master PDF Editor For Mac
If you want to explore more PDF editor apps for macOS, then you can look forward to picking Master PDF Editor as it allows you to smartly convert PDF files to multiple file formats.
You can also edit any portion of your PDF file with the help of this tool; however, it has a slightly complex interface. Although a free version is available, yet it has a limited scope of functions and features.
- It is compatible with Linux based systems.
- It allows you to edit both texts and images in a PDF file.
- The tool is also enabled with OCR, scanning, and printing abilities.
- Comes with powerful annotation tools like Sticky Note, Strikethrough, Measuring tools, etc.
Did you know that PDFescape is compatible with all major web browsers, which is why we have included this tool in our list of best PDF editors for Mac computers?
This application is a free PDF editor for Mac that helps to create PDF forms and perform a myriad of actions with its compelling features. It’s a completely online tool and to get started you just need to hit the free online button on the web app.
- Read and edit PDFs.
- Various tools to add text, rotate a PDF view, zoom a file, etc.
- You can even password protect your PDF files.
- This app also lets you share PDFs easily.
This is another online tool for editing PDFs. This cross-platform tool lets you add texts and fill forms. With a simplified interface, you can easily modify PDFs.
All you have to do is drag and drop your files or browse and select the file from your Macbook, Dropbox, or Google Drive to get started with the editing process. Here are some important features of this app:
- Does not require installation or registration.
- Convert a PDF into various file formats.
- With state-of-the-art SSL encryption, it secures your PDF.
PDFpenPro is another Mac PDF editor that can be used for professional purposes. Similar to the Preview app, this tool has a simple UI and is therefore great for beginners.
- Has intuitive annotation properties.
- Helps to convert PDFs to Word, Excel, Powerpoint formats.
- Enabled to perform OCR on scanned documents.
10. PDF Expert
Pdf Editor Free Download Mac Os X
Our next pick is PDF Expert that is undoubtedly another best PDF editor for Mac. It’s a fast, robust and beautiful PDF editor that has been recognized as the “App of the Year” in the Mac App Store.
With this app, you can enjoy advanced reading experience as it facilitates smooth scrolling function, fast search, and many interesting layouts. It comes with a state-of-the-art Search feature. Other interesting features include:
- Add annotations to documents.
- Merge files and split view with this app.
- Fill PDF files and include digital signatures.
- Reduce the size of the file too with this app.
Read More: How To Remove Password From PDF
11. PDF Editor Mac
Edit PDF content easily with this application. This can be designated as a good Mac PDF editing software as it is completely compatible with the macOS. You can easily add text and images, rotate PDF files, erase unwanted content, and watermark PDF files with this tool.
- Permanently save an edited PDF.
- Draw lines easily for annotation purposes.
How to Edit a PDF file?
Here is an overview of how to edit PDF files with the help of Adobe Acrobat tool:
- Open the file with the Acrobat DC tool.
- Then, click on the “Edit PDF” option that you can find in the right-hand side pane.
- After this, you can add or edit text, images, paragraphs, etc.
- Several additional tools available are “Link,” “Header and Footers,” “Watermark,” and “Background” for further editing purposes.
- Finally, rename your file and save it.
With this, we come to the concluding point of this article. Hopefully, you have found the best PDF editor for Mac from this article. Edit your PDFs easily now with an ideal tool.
Do share your thoughts by leaving a comment in the comments section below.