LO Version: 126.96.36.199, OS: Mac OS X 10.14 - have updated my office machine yesterday, works almost fine. Have issues with two 'complicated' files (lot of data, functions, macros and custom functions included, autocalculate disabled because of the large amount of calculations to handle) - both files just quit performing recalculation and become some kind of corrupted - can open them on Mac OS X. It's also possible to examine their overall score (9.2 for Apache OpenOffice vs. 9.3 for LibreOffice) and overall customer satisfaction level (96% for Apache OpenOffice vs. 97% for LibreOffice). Spend some time and compare your leading choices and determine which one is best for your company.
- LibreOffice / ˈ l iː b r ə / is a free and open-source office suite, a project of The Document Foundation.It was forked in 2010 from OpenOffice.org, which was an open-sourced version of the earlier StarOffice.The LibreOffice suite consists of programs for word processing, creating and editing of spreadsheets, slideshows, diagrams and drawings, working with databases, and composing.
- 6.4.6 This version is slightly older and does not have the latest features, but it has been tested for longer. For business deployments, we strongly recommend support from certified partners which also offer long-term support versions of LibreOffice. LibreOffice 6.4.6 release notes.
- (Actually it's more correct to say LibreOffice for Mac does not allow MathType to work with it, but the end result is the same — the 2 applications don't work together.) You cannot insert MathType equations into LibreOffice for Mac in the 'normal' way (that is, the way described above ), because there is no option to insert 'Further OLE.
The current Apache OpenOffice supports Apple OS X version10.7 (Lion), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.10 (Yosemite),10.11 (El Capitan) and macOS 10.12 (Sierra), 10.13 (High Sierra),10.14 (Mojave), 10.15 (Catalina).
The last OpenOffice version supporting Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger),10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard) is OpenOffice 4.0.1.
- CPU: Intel Processor
- Memory: Minimum 512 Mbytes RAM.
- Storage: At least 400 Mbytes available disk space for a default install via download.
- Graphics: 1024 x 768 or higher resolution with 16.7 million colours.
- Click here to download
- Click here to get install instructions for OpenOffice on macOS
- Click here to get help and support in the Community Support Forums
We recommend LibreOffice, because this is the successor to OpenOffice. This software package is constantly updated free of charge. You’ll also get a variety of templates and sample documents for Libre Office that you can use for free. You can also use the German manual for getting started in Libre Office. The software package includes:
Word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics editing, etc. – a great alternative to Microsoft Office or Office 365.
Openoffice For Apple Mac
Find an older version, installOpenOffice