Whenever something pops into your mind, you open your browser to do research on it. The browser is an old fashion way of searching for things on the internet, whether you want to buy an accessory or search for a home remedy for common ailments.
Mac has Safari as an inbuilt browser which is an efficient and fast browser. But it is not a bad idea to keep an alternative in case the native application crashes.
So, in this article, we have discussed some of the best browsers for Mac in 2020 if you‘re looking for a suitable alternative.
List of Contents
Media Browser is a tool that comes highly recommend because it is very easy to use and has a visual interface that is a practical multimedia files manager.
- ILife Media Browser Update improves overall stability and addresses a number of other minor issues. 08 and Mac OS X 10.5.6 Leopard.
- With Mac OS X, you can have all of your crucial business assets, like photos and logos, ready at your fingertips when creating marketing materials. In this video tutorial, you'll learn how to use the OS X Media Browser to keep important media at the ready. To learn more, watch this video tutorial.
11 Fastest Internet Browser For Mac
To provide you fastest browsing experience, Here is the list of 11 best web browsers for MacOS:
1. Brave Browser:
A new and emerging browser for Mac, Brave is secure, private and fast. Brave is open source and focuses on your privacy. Brave is a lightweight Mac browser.
Features of Brave:
- It is 8 times faster than regular browsers.
- It blocks ads, trackers, and unwanted content so you don’t have to deal with them.
- With “Private Tabs with Tor*” feature, it provides true private browsing experience along with enhanced protection
2. Opera –
An older name, Opera is one of the best browsers for Mac in 2020 as it is fast and smooth. It is famous to access faster speed with low-speed connection based on the server size compression technique.
Features of Opera:
- It allows you to easily navigate and provides you with browsing experience
- It has an inbuilt torrent download browser options.
- It is streamlined and designed for those who want a responsive browser that meets their needs.
- It has integrated phishing protection, integrated RSS feeds, and integrated email clients.
- To properly operate the browser, one needs to strictly adhere to coding.
- The extensions built into Opera are not always easy to find.
3. Google Chrome:
One of the most popular browsers, widely used on Windows, Google Chrome is a good option for a Fastest browser. It is fast, secure and free, and it runs on multiple platforms. It’s clutter free interface makes it easy to use.
Features of Google Chrome:
- It lets you search and navigate from the same box.
- It offers a wide range of easily obtained and installed extensions to customize the browser as you like.
- There’s support for parental controls and has settings to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Kills the battery (if you are running a portable Mac) and hogs the RAM.
- If you accidentally close the browser, Chrome will close all the tabs opened without warning.
Must Read: Photoshop Scratch Disk Full – Guide on How To Fix
Media Player For Mac
4. Mozilla Firefox –
With inbuilt privacy, Mozilla is one of the trusted and best browsers for Mac. It has features that protect you from phishing schemes, viruses and more.
Features of Mozilla Firefox:
- Mozilla is a secure browser but with extensions like NoScript and FlashBlock available it can become the safest.
- It provides excellent network security, a user-friendly interface and many add-ons for customized browsing.
- It has an embedded memory which means that if you turn off your computer by mistake, it will remember the Internet page you had opened and offer to get them back for you.
- It has intuitive navigation.
- Sometimes, you end up getting an error while opening a website, as Mozilla is not compatible with it.
- Mozilla Firefox uses more memory than other browsers and has slow startup time.
One of the best browsers for Mac, Maxthon has a good interface on the home screen of the browser.
Features of Maxthon:
- One of the best thing about Maxthon is that it keeps the PC’s working condition optimized while working on it and doesn’t hog the system’s performance.
- It boosts up the internet connection to an extent and it tries to open the web page faster.
- Maxthon is independent of operating systems as well as the device itself as it is cloud based with all OS interlocked to each other.
- It has a good feature which doesn’t let you fill the information on websites you visited in the past when you visit it for the next time as it saves the information for you.
Best Media Browser For Mac
- It doesn’t offer a wide range of extensions.
- Maxthon lacks some of the features such as voice interaction commands and open-source development.
Camino is also a good alternative, as it is an open source web browser which focuses on offering the best web experience for the users of Mac OS X.
Features of Camino:
- Camino Browser offers fast connection and there’s integrated flash block which helps you save the bandwidth.
- The bookmark bar allows multiple lines of bookmarks.
- It has sleek interface with simple and elegant look.
- It also offers all the functionality & style that is expected from Mac OS X programs.
- It does not have undo-close tab.
- It does not have an option to rearrange tabs as it does not allow moving of tabs
7. Omni Web
Omni Web is one of the best browsers available for Mac as it is the powerful web browser for Mac.
Features of Omni Web:
- It has numerous features like Visual Tabs, adding websites to shortcuts, automatic rendering of web pages, etc.
- You can change the font of any web page if you are not liking it.
- The browser handles the entire RSS feed which is indeed a great feature.
- The browser is slow.
- It hogs the system resources as it uses a large amount of RAM.
- It has a simple and clutter free interface.
- Yandex has Turbo mode, which never lets the browser speed go slow. Whenever internet speeds drop, Turbo mode is enabled, which speeds up how fast pages load and save on your data charges.
- It protects your passwords and bank card details and keeps your online payments safe from theft.
An open source Chromium browser with some similarities to Opera, Vivaldi is one of the best browsers available for Mac.
Features of Vivaldi
- It has awesome tab management. They are functional, work great, can be tiled, have previews and stack well.
- It enables you to access all the goodies from the chrome store, which is not that of a surprise as it uses Chromium platform.
- It provides you with several options to customize the browser according to your preferences.
- It downloads faster even after slow internet speed.
- Just as Chrome, this browser also hogs up the system resources.
- There is no way to sync passwords, settings, bookmarks online
Must Read: How To Analyze Disk Space On Mac
Yet another browser, which is counted in the list of fastest browsers for Mac due to its super light-weightiness and it looks like Google Chrome.
Features of Stainless
- It features a dual-purpose search address bar, which makes searching and navigating very smooth.
- It has an independent tabbed browsing which means one tab won’t crash your whole browser.
- Parallel browsing mode allows multiple email clients open at once.
- It is fast and easy to use.
- It has a few configuration options
- It doesn’t have any extensions available yet
Web-browser, advanced e-mail, newsgroup and feed client, IRC chat, and HTML editing made simple, with all these features Sea Monkey definitely deserves to be on the list of best browsers for Mac.
Features of SeaMonkey:
- The browser is fast and responsive than several among the list.
- It contains a cookie manager which lets you view & delete the cookies created when surfing.
- It has several other features, like a password manager, customizable toolbars & the ability to restore the sessions.
- It doesn’t have mouse gestures or voice interaction for multi-modal browsing
- The browser is not sleek and it can’t be used with ease.
This concludes our list of the best browsers for Mac. these browsers are lightweight and will give you the fastest browsing experience. Which one is your favorite? Let us know in the comments below.
Hello everyone, In this articles we are going to share best mac OS browser that you need to install your Mac device. Browsers plays a major role in the best Computers. In short, we can say browser is the body of Internet. Choosing the best browser for mac tend you to surf or download faster on Internet and consuming your time from wasting on loading or buffering issues. There are different browsers for mac on Internet but some of them are really faster which boosting your Internet Speed, remove caches quickly and most importantly which are very secure.
We all know that Mac is giant in Computer Industry and also give a smooth interface to the users but complexity in understanding and best internet for mac in all as well. Here, we are going to give a Mac internet browsers comparison options that you can install on your Apple computers.
TOP 10 Alternative Browsers for Mac OS X
Choosing a browser is quiet difficult but we are researched about browsers compatible with Mac versions which is going to be perform well on your Mac computer. And also check out what’s the best search engine for Mac device which supports all browsers.
1. Chrome Web Browser for Mac
The Top most browser for Mac that we recommend is Google Chrome. The speed is the browser very much faster than all other browsers for Mac. It has thousands of extensions that is very useful to the users, they need not go with separate applications to download on the computer. The only drawback that we experienced is Google Chrome battery draining is somewhat quicker than all other browsers in Mac. In Short, Google Chrome is not only the best browser for Mac but also all other competitor like Android and Windows.
Features of Google Chrome Browser:
- Simple design is the key to Google Browser for Mac success.
- speed in response.
- Free web browser for Mac OS.
- Chrome Extensions tools are vast in the market so, users need not go with any external software.
- It has the best search engine for Mac OS named as Google.
- Private mode of Browsing is also available (Incognito window)
- Smooth rendering of Web pages and a clutter-free environment.
- The Browser would be crash or freeze when users open many tabs.
- Most Secure browser for Mac and Windows
- Wide amount of Themes available in the store.
2. Mozilla Firefox Browser for Mac
Mozilla Firefox is one of the top web browsers for Mac that features fast in browsing and very close competitor for Google Chrome. It has tons of Add-on’s that won’t let you go with additional software downloading on computer. In terms of Battery draining, Firefox browser has less consumption of power while we comparing to the Google Chrome Browser.
Some features of Mozilla Firefox:
- A Tons of Add-ons available to increase your productivity.
- Fluid rendering technology makes it comfort user experience.
- Tab Browsing options available.
- Windows browser for Mac which synchronize all details.
- Secure web browser: Mac OS
- Sports with Spell checker to enhance your language Quality.
- Private browsing is available.
- Easy and quick in response.
- In-built best search engine for mac like Google, Bing, Yahoo, AOL,..etc
3. Maxthon (Best Browser: Mac Sierra)
Maxthon cloud browser is one of the high performance Mac web browsers 2016 OS X. It is simple in design but powerful software to access the internet engines for Mac. It has many similar features to Google Chrome to Synchronizing all your favorites, history and browsers. It is one of the fastest mac internet browser for not only Mac but also Windows and mobiles.
Maxthon Browser highlights:
- High performance web browser.
- Synchronize and see favorites anywhere and anytime.
- Mouse gestures supported for better experience.
- Multiple screen supported for seamless multitasking.
- Magic fill to save your username and password safe and secure.
- Block Ads with ad hunter add-ons that come along with Maxthon browser.
4. Torch – Google Chrome’s Younger Brother
Torch is also a Mac OS X browser. It is packed with a unique design and speed in browsing. The browser is much similar to the Google Chrome and some modifications along with it. You will also able to download files from Torrents without Torrent clients.
Highlighting features of Torch Browser:
- It suited all Extensions that available in the Google Chrome Browser.
- Private Window is available.
- In-built feature of Torrent download.
- Social bar is available to get social notifications.
- Simple design and smooth interface.
- Numerous amount themes available for Torch browser.
- Fastest web browser for Mac.
Opera Browser is another excellent browser in all operating system. It is quiet older browser and widely suggested for low-end mobile phones. When we come to Mac, Opera is one of the best data saving browser and you can also switch into Turbo mode when your Internet connection is slow. As it can assist to enhance the speed of browsing,
Opera for Mac Review:
- Fluid browsing experience with easy navigation.
- Data Saving feature is available.
- Opera is the lightest browser for Mac to surf like Pro.
- Packed a feature of turn off Images for saving data.
- Quickly you can preview the Webpage by moving the mouse cursor to the Tab.
- You can download any kind of files over this browser itself including Torrents
- Opera note is manage all your notes including the Evernote.
- Numerous mouse gestures supported for great user satisfaction.
- Features a RSS-reader with the Email client.
6. Camino Web Browser
Another great browser for Mac is Camino Browser. It is most powerful enough to pick its spot on top browsers. It comes with a strange design with high performance and full secure for your credentials. Here we mentioned about one of the best internet search engine for Mac is Google.
The service is discontinued in the end of 2013 but still you can download the latest version of the browser in its official site.
Features of Camino Browser:
- Exclusive for Mac users.
- Browser design is made specially for Macintosh.
- Cool user interface and fluid experience.
- More Secure.
- High Performance.
7. Apple Safari (Apple’s Own Browser)
Safari Browser is the Top notch fastest internet browser for Mac that come pre-installed in every Mac computers (iMac and Macbook). Also available on Apple phones and handheld devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod). It is the fastest browser 2016 Mac OS X and high performance rating. The browser gives you a hassle-free performance and it does not eat up more battery. It will gives you a solid and smooth user interface.
When we comparing all other above browsers, Safari is unbeatable in terms of battery backup. There is no lag I felt after a rough usage of Safari browser in Mac OS X.
Highlights of Apple safari browser:
- Top-notch performance and smooth user interface.
- Battery consumption is too low when compared to Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
- Nearly 2 times faster than Chrome and Firefox.
- Complete security for your credentials.
- Third-party cookie blocking for to be on safer side.
- Safari is one of the safest browser for mac OS X.
- Hassle-free browsing.
- Cool extensions are available in the Apple Store.
RocketMelt which is from Yahoo! It is a great browser for who synchronize their data on different computers. It is one of the most powerful browser and has a wide search engine bar with it. Bottomline, it is a free browser which you can get it from online.
Highlights of RocketMelt browser
- Data sync is very easy on this browser
- Favourite website updates
- Lightweight web browser – Mac OS
- Powerful Search bar
- It supports various extensions includes Google Chrome
9. Omni Mac Browsers 2016
Omni Browser is yet another best mac browser 2016 which comes with multiples of rich features. It has a lot of great features to amaze but comparatively slow than other browser because of its high end features that can eat more RAM to lag your system. Other than that, It is a complete package of internet browser MAC OS that user wants.
10. Flock – Top browser
Flock is yet another good mac browsers which is specially designed for social media lovers. This browser comes with a features of always active on Social media networks and you need not to login again & again. You can also check latest notifications in sidebar of the browser. Despite the company discontinued this browser, you can get this browser from third party websites.
As I am shared my aspects of Top 10 browsers for Mac OS above. Also we did not listed out foxfire browser for Mac which has similar features like above. My final words, I recommend everyone to install two browsers that I stated. One for heavy usage that means personal use including social networks, blogs, videos, etc., and other one for official use where you can browse professional things including bank related things. Share your experience in the comment box below and we will let you know, when any other new browsers will come to the race.