Check the USB Cable and Mac’s Port. Not all USB cables are manufactures equal, some cables.
- Download and install Android File Transfer on your computer. Open Android File Transfer. The next time that you connect your phone, it opens automatically. Unlock your phone. With a USB cable, connect your phone to your computer. On your phone, tap the 'Charging this device via USB' notification. Under 'Use USB for,' select File Transfer.
- Android File Transfer. Download Android File Transfer and install it to your Mac. Connect Android.
- Android File Transfer for Mac by Google. Android File Transfer for Mac is an official app published.
- Your computer must be running Mac OS X 10.7 and up. Your Android device must be running Android 3.0 and up. Instructions: Move files by USB.
If you use an Android Phone as a mobile device and MacBook for computing, you might be interested in knowing about different ways to Transfer Photos From Android Phone to Mac.
Transfer Photos From Android Phone to Mac
Apple’s MacBook is equipped with a number of utilities that can help you transfer photos from Android Phone to Mac.
We are providing below three different ways to transfer Photos from Android Phone to Mac. You can use any method that appears easy and suits your Android device.
1. Transfer Photos From Android Phone to Mac Using Photos App
Perhaps the easiest way to transfer Photos From Android Phone or Tablet to Mac is to use the Native Photos App as available on your Mac.
1. Connect Android Phone to Mac using its lightning to USB cable.
Note: This should automatically open the Photos App on your Mac.
2. Unlock your Android Phone and open Notifications by swiping on the screen of your Phone.
3. On the Notifications screen, tap on USB charging this device.
4. On the next screen, select Transfer Photos (PTP) option.
Note: On some devices this may be labelled as Camera Transfer (PTP) Protocol.
5. Now, open the Photos App on your Mac (in case it is not already open).
6. In the Photos App, select your Android Phone in the left-pane under “Devices” section. In the right-pane, select the destination for Imported Photos and click on Import All New Photos button.
Note: To transfer selected Photos, tap on the Photos that you want to transfer and then tap on Import Selected option.
7. Patiently wait for the Photos to be transferred from Android Phone to Mac.
2. Transfer Photos From Android Phone to Mac Using Image Capture
Another utility on Mac that can help you transfer Photos from Android Phone to Mac is Image Capture.
1. Connect your Android Phone to Mac.
2. Click on the Finder Icon located in the Dock on your Mac.
3. On the next screen, click on Applications in the side menu. In the right-pane, scroll down and click on Image Capture.
4. After Image capture is launched, select your Android phone in the “Devices” section. In the right-pane, select Desktop or other place as destination for imported photos and click on Import all.
5. Wait for all the Photos to be transferred to your Mac.
Just like Photos App, image Capture allows you to select individual photos (by clicking on them) and transfer them to Mac by clicking on the Import option (Not Import All).
3. Transfer Photos From Android Phone to Mac using Preview App
The next tool that you can use to Import Photos from Android Phone to Mac is the Preview App on your Mac.
1. Connect your Android Phone to Mac.
2. Click on the Finder Icon located in the Dock on your Mac.
3. On the next screen, click on Applications in side menu. In the right-pane, scroll down and click on Preview App.
4. After Preview App is launched, select the File tab in the top-menu bar of your Mac and then click on your Android device in the drop-down menu.
In case you want to transfer selected Photos, select the Photos that you want to transfer by clicking on them and click on the Import option.
Mac operating system smoothly works with iPhone, but you may face some difficulties while accessing your Android phone with Mac OS together to transfer files from Android phone to Mac and vice-versa. However, Apple doesn't provide users a lot of flexibility to use Mac with Android.
In this article, we will discuss some best Android file transfer Mac OS applications that can transfer files from Android phone to Mac and vice-versa.
Best Android file transfer Mac OS apps
Android File Transfer for Mac by Google
Android File Transfer for Mac is an official app published by Google to easily transfer files from your Android phone to Mac OS X running on 10.7 or later. You just need to install this app on your Mac operating system and connect it to your Android phone through USB cable.
Download and Install
- Download the Android File Transfer app by clicking here.
- Once the download finished, double-click the dmg file to install.
- Now, from the installer window, you can drag and drop files to applications.
Transfer files to Mac
- First of all, you need to connect your Android phone with Mac OS via USB cable.
- Once the both devices are connected, Android File Transfer app opens automatically. If the application does not open, click it to open manually.
- Browse the file on your Android device which you want to transfer to Mac device.
- Select the files from the numerous of options available and manage your files, folders, documents, etc. between both Mac and Android devices.
How to fix a problem if Android File Transfer Mac not working?
Once you install the AndroidFileTransfer.dmg app on your PC and connect your phone to Mac, both devices recognize each other and establish a connection. However, sometime there may be trouble and display a message, 'Could not connect to the device. Try to reconnect or restart your device'.
To fix this problem and transfer your file successfully between Android phone and Mac device, you may perform the three different ways or any of them to fix it.
Android USB replacement or USB debugging
One of the most common issues is the use of a damaged USB cable. Replace your current USB cable and use a brand new. Try once again to connect your devices and start the file transfer process. If this process doesn't work, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Connect your Android phone and Mac OS via USB cable.
- Now, go to your Android phone Settings.
- Tap on the USB Debugging option and select Media device (MTP).
Android phone update
Updating your Android phone may be another way to fix Android File Transfer to Mac.
- Go to your Android phone
- Visit at SystemUpdate section and update your Android phone.
- Restart your Android phone and connect it to Mac OS and try to use the file transfer app.
Update your Mac
- First of all, you need to check your Mac operating system, whether it has a 10.7 or higher version. If not, update your Mac OS.
- Check whether the Android File Transfer app is properly installed on your Mac or not. If not, install it.
- Restart your Mac device.
MacDroid is an excellent application that establishes a connection between Mac OS and Android phones and tablets. Using this application, you can easily access your Android files on Mac device. The MacDroid supports OS X Yosemite and newer Mac OS.
MacDroid provides a smooth connection between Android and Mac OS and offers fast and problem-free file transfer. It transfers images, videos, audio, and other different types of files. The app requires a USB cable to connect devices.
How to transfer files between Mac and Android
- Download MacDroid app and install it on your Mac device.
- Select any one of the available connection modes - ADB or MTP.
- According to your mode of selection, it prompts the instructions and follows these instructions to connect your Android device with MacOS.
- Now, start your file transferring.
Commander One app simply allows you to plug and transfer your files from the Android device to the Mac operating system using a USB cable. This app provides a dual-panel user interface. The app includes browse files on iOS devices, work with archives, and cloud storage services. It also offers file sharing between cloud and your device and vice-versa.
How to transfer files between the Android device and MacOS
- Download the Commander One app and install it on your Mac.
- Launch your app once the installation finished.
- Now, connect your Android device with MacOS via USB cable. The app automatically detects your Android device and display the files stored on your phone.
- Drag and drop the files which you want to transfer across devices.
Droid NAS also offers you to quickly transfer files from your Android phone to your Mac OS. This app requires a Wi-Fi connection and Mac OS version, which has a built-in Bonjour protocol. To transfer files between both Android devices and Mac OS, connect them with the same wireless internet connection.
SyncMate app supports multiple devices and contains well features in it. The app treats your Android device as a separate Mac disc and easily browse your Android phone and tablet via finder. You only need to simply drag and drop a file from Android to Mac and from Mac to Android.
SyncMate has a simple user interface, easy to operate, and offers fast file transfer. It supports photos, playlists, music, and folders transfer. The positive aspect of this app is that it syncs data directly between apps on your Android device and MacOS.
How to transfer files between Mac and Android using SyncMate
- Download SyncMate application and install it on your Mac OS.
- Now, launch the app on MacOS and connect your Android device to Mac by clicking on the 'Add New' option available at the left panel and select your Android device.
- Connect both devices using a USB cable.
- The feature of files transferring between devices is available in the Expert version, so you need to upgrade your free version app.
- Visit the Summary tab and choose the 'Mount disk' option.
- Now, go to Finder, and you will see the Android device appears in the Mac OS disk. Select the files that you want to transfer from the Android device to Mac OS or from Mac OS to the Android device.
MobiKin Assistant for Android
MobiKin Assistant for Android (for Mac version) is another alternative for Android File Transfer for Mac OS. It allows transferring photos, videos, music, contact, messages, etc. between Android devices and Mac OS. It also provides features to backup and restores your data on the phone.
Android Usb Transfer For Macbook
dr.fone - Transfer
Dr.fone - Transfer is another excellent Android File Transfer app that allows to file transfer between Android phone and Mac OS and vice-versa. It provides you the quick and problem-free transfer of text files, audio, contacts, photos, and SMS messages, etc. This app offers to comfortably manage media files on your Android device with your PC so that you can easily export, delete, and add new files.
Features of dr.fone Transfer
- It allows transferring media files between Android smartphones and iTunes.
- It also allows transferring media files between Android smartphones and computers.
- It transfers all kinds of media files.
How to transfer files between Android and Mac using dr.fone
There are three simple steps to transfer files from an Android device to Mac and from Mac to Android device. Your personal data are protected with advanced encryption technology during the data transfer.
Android Usb Transfer For Macbook Pro
- Connect your Android device with Mac OS.
- Select files that you want to transfer between devices.
- The mechanism of file transferring gets started.
AirDroid application gives facility to transfer different types of files from Android device to Mac OS and vice-versa. The app is compatible with iOS, Windows, and AirDroid web operating system. Both devices Android and Mac OS need to connect with the same Wi-Fi networks. It supports documents, photos, APKs, videos, music for transfer. It also allows transferring the entire folder at a single time.
Features of AirDroid
- The app supports all kinds of file transfer to various operating systems such as Mac, Linux, Windows, and Android devices.
- It keeps backup of your photos and videos from Android devices to computers.
- It offers to reply the mobile messages of various massaging apps like WhatsApp, Line, Telegram, etc. from a desktop computer.
- Locate your phone when it gets lost.
Dukto R6 application transfer files over the Local Area Network perfectly. This app perfectly works with Android, Mac OS, Windows, and Symbian systems. It only gives a single feature known as file transfer. This app is identical to Android File Transfer for Mac of Google.
As the name suggests, HandShaker application makes two different operating systems that connects and work together. HandShaker allows transferring files and folders between Android devices and Mac OS very easily. Both devices need to connect with the same Wi-Fi networks. The app provides a high-speed file transfer facility. Using this app, you easily manage your content on both devices.