How to Install ADB and Fastboot: Method 2 To manually install ADB and Fastboot on your Windows XP, Vista, 7, and 8/8.1 computer (32-bit and 64-bit), do the following: The following guide is for Windows PCs only, but ADB/Fastboot can be installed on Linux and Mac OS X also. ADB and Fastboot are multi-purpose command-line tools for Android that can be used via Windows, Mac, and Linux. If you try to use ADB commands in the Mac terminal without setting up ADB and Fastboot platform tools, you’ll get errors like “adb command not. Brew cask install android-platform-tools Start using adb. Adb devices Option 2 - Manually (just the platform tools) This is the easiest way to get a manual installation of ADB and Fastboot. Delete your old installation (optional) rm -rf /.android-sdk-macosx/. Download the latest version of Platform Tools for Mac OS: platform-tools-latest-darwin.zip; Unpack download archive and copy files by using the following commands (or you can manually move the files to /bin): cd /Users/!username!/Downloads/platform-tools sudo cp fastboot adb /bin; Download TWRP Custom Recovery for your phone model.
Here is the complete guide to install ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS. ADB and Fastboot is the most important part for devices tweaking and installing firmware via PC. This method used for a different process on devices like install ROM, Rooting, Unlock bootloader and installing custom Recovery. Here is the full guide to install ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS with easy and simple way. Follow underneath article and don’t miss any part of the article and get the successful installation on Mac OS Fastboot and ADB.
How to Setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS and Windows:
ADB and the Fastboot setting is very easy on Mac OS than a window. Meanwhile, they individually are part of the Android SDK package, on the essential to do is download the kit (which is over 500 MB) and set up path variables. Or you can use below methods to install ADB and fastboot driver on Mac OS. Firstly put your device in USB debugging mode. For to do simply follow the below screenshot and enable USB Debugging Mode. Without doing this, your PC won’t recognize your device.
Install ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS:
There are two best methods to install ADB and fastboot driver on Mac OS. The first one is by passing a script in Terminal by WonderHowTo sub-blog HTC One and the second one is by using Nexus Tool. So under-way below easy method to setup ADB and fastboot driver On Mac OS.
Minimal Adb And Fastboot Mac Os
Install ADB and fastboot on Mac OS Method 1:
- Firstly, download the Android zip file and extract it on the desktop for easy to find.
- And then Open Terminal on Mac PC by Pressing Command + Spacebar key combination to open Spotlight search, and then type ‘Terminal’ on that.
- Now type ‘cd Desktop/Android’ on Terminal.
- After that select, the file on Android folder, select file ADB-Install-Mac.sh file and drag it on Terminal and press Enter.
- And then it will ask for your password detail to continue, enter your login password. It will proceed to install ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS.
- After that, you can see a message on Terminal ‘You may now run Android and Debug Bridge and Fastboot Command’ that means you successfully setup ADB and fastboot on Mac OS.
Install ADB and fastboot driver on Mac OS with Nexus Tool:
- The given process established by XDA member @corbin052198, that install ADB and fastboot on Mac OS and Linux by entering a single command on terminal.
- Below command type or copy the quoted code and paste it on Terminal “bash <(curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/install.sh)“
- That command will setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS. According to the developer, this command also works on Linux and you can easily setup ADB and fastboot on Linux also.
- If you want to uninstall ADB and fastboot from Mac type or copy the quoted code and paste it on Terminal “bash <(curl https://raw.githubusercontent.com/corbindavenport/nexus-tools/master/uninstall.sh)“
- It will easily uninstall ADB and Fastboot from Mac OS by following the above command.
So if you want to check ADB and Fastboot is correctly configured on your PC. Then type ‘adb devices’ on the terminal. It will show you the list of devices connected. And also checked by going to the location ‘/usr/bin ‘if you can found ADB and fastboot files. That’s means you have successfully setup ADB and Fastboot on Mac OS. This is the complete guide to install ADB and Fasboot on Mac OS, with the easy and simple tutorial. Follow underneath article and don’t miss any part of the guideline. If you have any trouble comments below.